Paris Olympics 2024

Would she have any chance of making the next Olympics running a longer distance?

Good question. I really donā€™t know.

Id be guessing no, huge extra mileage on a dodgy achilles?

1 Like

This is TFK. You donā€™t have to ā€˜knowā€™. Just make some shit up and stick by it regardless.

15 Likes

Worlds is next year so she may give that a shot.

An Achilles is about the most troublesome injury that any runner can have.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s a hardy bit of stuff so i wouldnā€™t put it past her. God love her all the same. She must be broken hearted.

2 Likes

No. Sheā€™s never run longer. Does the odd 800m

1 Like

Thatā€™s horrible news for Mageean & I feel very sorry for her. Sheā€™ll be 35 when the next one comes around.

1 Like

What did Rob say? Shame for Mageean. Was an outside shot at her best. Thankfully she got over the line in the Euros. I think she was right to go to Euros

7 Likes

Shades of Eamonn Coghlan 1984.

Thomas purring there in the 200m

Gabi Thomas :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Sheā€™s not a cunt though.

1 Like

I was more referring to how he went on about sending her text messages.

1 Like

Gabby Thomas is just gorgeous :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

A class bit of stuff

2 Likes

She blitzed them running and dazzled with a smile

1 Like

I agree.

That said, Iā€™m fascinated by the different strategies adopted this season by the athletes. Some skipped the world indoors in Glasgow in February, others competed in that but skipped the Europeans in Rome, some competed in both, others competed in neither.

It must be a bit of a minefield trying to manage training loads, compete in the odd race to tune up & stay sharp & all the while trying to peak for now. Remember Adeleke in Rome saying she had been training hard throughout the meet to be ready for Paris.

I also recall the kiwi Beamish finishing like a train to win the world indoor 1500m & there he was an hour ago finishing 7th & eliminated in the steeplechase heat.

1 Like

When did the European Championships become a biennial event? It used to be every 4 years in World Cup soccer year. Thatā€™s far too much really to have going on in an Olympics year.