Paris Olympics 2024

Joe Canning was charging 5k to open fields over ten years ago… You were getting a bargain.

You couldn’t begrudge Lavin a thing. Great to see her perform

4 Likes

I think Derval is a good analyst

8 Likes

A serious athlete and a really composed speaker in the aftermath.

1 Like

Mná na hÉireann :clap:

Lavins reaction time was .34 of a second slower than the winner there. If she got out on parity she would have won that heat. Youd have to think there could be more to come. Hopefully the track athletes can ride the wave of euphoria and cause a few shocks over the coming days.

Will be this evening

2 Likes

https://x.com/offtheball/status/1820937260180632057

The comments here are priceless. The internet never forgets.

1 Like

It was. Usual sort of stuff, have a new voice come in and talk to us about teamwork,working hard, staying true to yourself blah blah blah. Change from away days, pizza and yoga I suppose but the higher ups thought the fee was too much so as I said we ended up with an unnamed z list celeb/‘influencer’ Had a savage session in the Palace Bar afterwards though.

Thats what its all about really. The rest is just a bullshit preamble.

1 Like

Savage bloodletting in the wake of the latest Gold medal :face_with_peeking_eye:

Some carnage in this 5000m first heat

1 Like

This is a tremendously fun 500M heat.

Fella fell there and it took Greg completely by surprise

Mills takes a man out, not the first time we’ve said that.

1 Like

Ah lads. Carnage

Oooofty. Mills get blanked by the Dutch fella at the line. This was nasty. Some lads can take it, some cant.

Mills and the French fella got into it, and Mills got fucked off, and took down 3 lads. He got his tae handed to him there.

Mills is seething. Danny wont like seeing this. He goes for the Frenchie, who looks very innocent on the finish line.

Biggest crash which took out a Brit in Paris since 1997.