Paris Olympics 2024

Someone should tell Derval and Rob

Ladies are drawn in lane 4 of the relay final. Plenty for Becker to chase down. The US should win at a hack canter but I donā€™t think our girls are that far off the rest of the pack. They werenā€™t far off the Dutch in Rome. Jamaica, GB and France will all fancy their chances of 2nd too

2 Likes

What time is it on tomorrow night?

Didnā€™t expect India v china to be in the latter stages of breaking

2 Likes

This Breaking is fairly bizarre, but almost compulsive watching

1 Like

8.14pm Rathkeele time

2 Likes

India being Dutch isnā€™t at all confusing either

1 Like

Breaking seems to involve a lot of cockiness, arrogance, agility and calling out opponents moves. Surely we can field a team from Cork in LA?

9 Likes

Pommel horse without the pommel horse.

2 Likes

I enjoyed this. The last time I came across this was in a club down lansdowne street in Boston circa 2001.

2 Likes

Speaking of Pommel Horse, a Gymnastics expert told us earlier this week that Rhys plans to go back to an all round event for LA, not just pommel horse. Would be class if he can be competitive in that

1 Like

I have the man to coach them too

2 Likes

I didnā€™t enjoy that element of it tbh.

Obviously it takes an awful lot of skill but seemed overly-confrontational for what it is.

An odd Olympic event.

Real name Liu Qingyi

Youā€™ve seen Lyles and Richardson right?

Had to laugh at Greg during the 10,000m race. On a number of occasions he waxed lyrical about Hassanā€™s ā€˜kickā€™ maybe making the difference and then when the ā€˜kickā€™ didnā€™t come about he said that she was focusing on the Marathon so her ability to kick may be somewhat nullified.

2 Likes

Morocco spanked Egypt 6-0 in the bronze medal football game

Gold Medal battle far less confrontational

2 Likes

Healthy respect between them

1 Like