Paris Olympics 2024

Would it though? If people lived healthier lives, life expectancy would go way up, more people would have to be paid pensions for longer, nursing home costs would go up, etc,etc

This is gaining momentum now. Defund animal abuse pastimes that disgracefully eat up most of the sports budget.

https://twitter.com/deanvannguyen/status/1822358396491665546?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

3 Likes

Healy is my absolute favourite apart from Ciara Macgean.

1 Like

I take full credit.

Thisā€™ll sound awful but I doubt theyā€™ll medal in LA in an olympic sprint even with two participants in their thirties. I hope Iā€™m wrong, but it tends to be a young personā€™s game.

1 Like

Sorry about the terrible accident with your eyes mate. God speed.

1 Like

Youā€™d wonder what damage the Reperchages did to us.

It truly was an incredible run, and so far on from where we were. I fear however weā€™ll get the usual plaudits from the usual politicians and decision makers and then theyā€™ll go back to pissing money back into fuckology like horse racing and greyhounds.

And thatā€™s fucking gutting

3 Likes

She could open her legs and show her class?

6 point game at the end of the third, looked like it was pestering out but France have rallied here and have a bit of momentum now. Would be great for this to be tight down the stretch as the French crowd are up for it

1 Like

Van Nistelrooy is back at United, thatā€™s my horsey fix

1 Like

We have the bastards on the run

3 Likes

France hanging on

You were a pioneer. I went to the dogs for a stag. It was fair depressing and i was upside drunk and still got the vibe

If there was no repechage then Sharlene would have had a semi final and Becker would have come into the relay completely drained of confidence with a long week of soul searching.

Amber Anning came through the repechage to the final Iā€™m fairly sure.

1 Like

:ok_hand: good internetting.
Not to be vulgar but when I heard sheā€™d been appointed the British sports anti-drugs czar or whatever the official title is, I was reminded of a paedophile trying to work their way into an untouchable position of trust.

I recall around 1999 Paula Radcliffe being lauded by David Walsh as an example of a clean athlete who was vocal in her anti-doping stance. Then she finished second in the 10,000 metres at the 1999 World Championships in Seville and she stopped being vocally anti-doping.

When is she thought to have begun being a dope? Around this point presumably?

2 Likes

Iā€™m really only watching this basketball for the commentary, not for the basketball. The US menā€™s basketball team are an energy drain on the Olympics.

Heā€™s an absolute dose

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t know her career that well, I just know she ran the fastest ever times by a white person in some very competitive events by an absolutely ridiculous margin and sheā€™s as oily as fuck.
When did she meet that husband of hers? Maybe that has something to do with it.

This basketball game might be on?