Paris Olympics 2024

You’re taking this worse than the girls

3 Likes

I was just having a gander at how the Badminton tournaments turned out. The Danish guy Viktor Axelsen who beat Nhat won the gold medal without dropping a set, and this is the second time in a row he’s won the gold medal. Nhat gave him as good a challenge as he got in the entire tournament.

The brilliant Spanish lady Carolina Marin who made an eejit of our entrant Rachel Darragh was leading her semi-final by 1 set to 0 and was leading in the second set when he got injured and had to retire from the competition.

It’s a pity we didn’t have more of Whispering John O’Donovan to describe this action as it’s a good sport to watch.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna/status/1822354593553989985

Sorry, I saw somebody put this up earlier.
What a cunt, he’s so wrong here, the idea that we couldn’t have won two more medals is absolutely ridiculous, and none of the medals we won were a shock.

1 Like

Again it’s almost impossible to understand the grammar of what he’s written. How the fuck is he such a bad writer.

‘Abuse will move on to abusing someone that will be proven correct too.’

He’s digging in there despite getting roundly called out on his shite talk in the comments too. Would love to see examples of the ‘abuse’ he got too.

Relay team on now. Auntie Phil scrubs up well.

3 Likes

Serbia with an 11-8 advantage at three-quarter time. Tough to see a way back for the Croats in what is a very tight and tense matchplay water polo tussle.

Yeah but sure they’re only interested in golds. As a wise man once said “there’s no sympathy in this game for anybody”.

I’m starting to feel sorry for @johnnysachs

Pulling a medal in every relay is a indictment of their relay team play though, rest assured it will be noted from a funding pov

That could be the goal that gives Serbia their third successive water polo gold medal. A skimmer of a shot by Nikola Dedovic.

That was it. Great show.

You’re right. 1 per school would only cost €7m for Wexford alone.

Peanuts.

And Myles Dungan?

Serbia cement their legacy as one of the great water polo dynasties. A 13-11 win over Croatia in the final.

Could have been. Moya looked a bit better than Myles in those days though.

Once we ban greyhound and pony racing we’ll be unstoppable as an olympic nation.

3 Likes

Insert greyhound racing reference here

The Big Uzbek is putting a hurting on the Span-Yard as Eric Donovan calls him.

I’m so happy this is becoming closer to a reality, I could almost cry

Sure look. I’ve no problem with greyhound racing or horse racing. Not my cup of tea but a fairly major part of life around here.

Investing in athletics is a no brainer and some of the spend should be considered part of the health budget such are the benefits to be had. The elite bit is almost a by product.

I’ve seen the carry on in a few athletic clubs at first hand though. They’re very interested in the elite but after that the culture seems to be to fuck the rest.

It means participation dwindles at 13 or 14 when the kids not medalling say fuck it and stay with the team sports.

1 Like

Horseracing needs to go

2 Likes

The schools are where this needs to be focused.

Expecting the right quality and quantity of volunteers to do anything is unrealistic based on the clowns that invariably get into positions of power.

1 Like