Paris Olympics 2024

Typical French effort. Stretched 1 hour of an excellent show into 5 hours

3 Likes

What’s the story with the Irish kit suppliers? The 7s rugby team were wearing McKeever jerseys and the hockey team are here in Adidas gear.

I wondered the same. McKvr are apparently the official supplier of all the gear and supporters stuff. I wondered if the 7s didn’t count cos the Olympics weren’t technically opened yet. All the athletes and boxers photos are in Adidas gear as well

They did a few interviews with members of the hockey team before the start and some of them were wearing McKeever gear and others Adidas. Strange.

What’s the story with the men’s hockey? Belgium camped in our half here. Are they good? Have we any hope of getting out of group?

I’m assuming McKvr have the official OCI support but then each individual sports bodies might have agreed deals with others like Adidas or something. That was the root of the issue with Sonia back in Atlanta from what I remember so maybe it’s more amicable now. Just guessing though

Apparently Google says we are ranked 11 in the world. Belgium are no 3.
No hope of getting out would be my assessment after watching approx 20 min of hockey in the last 10 years

Titmus and Ledecky renew acquaintances in 5 minutes in the 400m freestyle heat 3.

Ireland v Belgium being played in the Stade Yves Manoir which is the old Stade Colombes, site of the 1924 Olympic Games.

1 Like

Abbi Titmus?

Arnie.

First blood to the American.

They won gold in Tokyo so defending Olympic champions.

Just gone 2-0 up.

Our goalie is daycent. Must be all the Gaelic football and hurling

1 Like

Related to Mickey Harte.

@Mac when does the real stuff start? Next week?

Or lots of hockey training.

1 Like

Makes sense. God saves.

Better known as the site of the football match in Escape To Victory.

The Irish hockey team will be lucky to escape to a 2-0 defeat.

I was at a rugby match there a few years back and reckon they hadn’t done much with the place since 1924!