Paris Olympics 2024

There should be no sport in the Olympics where the Olympics isnā€™t itā€™s pinnacle. Soccer shouldnā€™t be in it either.

It seems to be a big deal for basketball so Iā€™ll allow that

4 Likes

One hundred years since Ireland first competed as an independent nation. 133 Irish athletes will compete this year.

JJ Keane, an Anglesboro man behind it. He won two All Irelandā€™s with the Dubs too

1 Like

Anyone willing to make a prediction of medals and colours?

Gold - Gold coloured compound
Silver - Silver coloured compound
Bronze - Bronze coloured compound

2 Likes

I donā€™t tend to see colour but if I did Iā€™d say the blacks will do well in the sprinting

1 Like

Olympic menā€™s basketball has been a joke since 1992. Itā€™s a celebrity cavalcade and no more, itā€™s a glorified NBA All-Star game. In the extremely unlikely event the Americans lose they only lose because they all hate each other. Itā€™s a competition to be second.

Rhas will be in and around that bronze medal according to the bookies.

For team sports if you win gold is it just classified as one gold medal for betting purposes?

Ireland odds on for more than 7.5 medalsā€¦if they wonā€™t the rowing for eg with two in the boat is that two medals? Or if they won the rugby sevens how many medals is that classed as?

Yes

1 Like

Fairly sure for the show jumping itā€™s individual and team ones.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s correct, but the team one counts as one, not 4

Ya but could be a right few medals for Ireland there. Not sure on eventing.

Just need to get the doses right this time.

1 Like

They have the right manager in place anyway

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

O Connor and Maurice will get a medal. 20 years on from Waterford Crystal won his.

Shows how far Ireland has fallen going from Waterford Crystal to a horse named Maurice.

3 Likes

The shortest priced non-black athlete for the 100m is a Japanese lad, at 80/1

With hope in our hearts and wings on our heels

https://archive.ph/gLAnI

France faces glut of unwanted Olympic tickets.