Paris Olympics 2024

After this it looks like an afternoon of hockey, some sort of horse-dancing and then rugby so an ideal opportunity for lads to get a few bits done

2 Likes

Earl McCarthy used the word ā€œtouristā€ last night during the swimming, as in Mona McSharry is not a tourist.

I hesitate to use the word tourist but Iā€™m going to use the word tourist.

A great afternoon of sports for the Protestants.

5 Likes

The Indians well on top so far.

Who actually plays menā€™s hockey? Protestants that arenā€™t good enough for cricket/rugby?

They seem to do alright in fairness to them in qualifying for competitions

I genuinely donā€™t think I know any male who has played hockey. At any level.

1 Like

Wasnā€™t Seanie McGrath doing a bit of hockey coaching in Cork?

The Irish lads lack of ground hurling experience is telling here.

Lads who are too refined for rugby, and bright enough to understand that Ireland does not have the climate for cricket. Itā€™s the main sport in my town, great club. Watching the top lads in a normal game can be hard work, but watching them in 5-a-side training games on small pitches can be very impressive.

1 Like

Iā€™m fairly sure @Declan_Moffat is TFKs hockey expert.

1 Like

Expert is a loose term!

My auld lad worked with a Garda who played hockey for Ireland.

A cousin of my motherā€™s played in the 90s for Ireland womenā€™s team. An Oā€™Sullivan from Cark!!!

Just remembered the mother played hockey. But then again she was at a boarding school in Dublin so Iā€™d say thatā€™s all they had.

1 Like

Theyā€™ll need to get Catriona Carey into studio to give some expert analysis

6 Likes

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1818215187473674743?t=uA8n7Lr-ORqmkCPn_5MC7w&s=19

Not on TFK

1 Like

Surely thereā€™s some body of water somewhere in France they can move it to?

I see an Algerian man is competing in womenā€™s boxing and beat the snot out of a mexican woman earlier.

This hockey team are hapless. Qualify for an Olympics and barely come out of their own half in the 3 games so far. Have a fuckinā€™ go at least, youā€™re going to lose anyway.

See Charlieā€™s grand niece won a medal for HKā€¦Charlie played minor hurling for Dublin i believe