Paris Olympics 2024

Last time I saw him he was having lunch with David Walsh in Howth.

2 Likes

Zero chance he is juicing imo.

Of course thereā€™s not zero chance. He might be, he might not be. His improvement is absolutely huge though, and thereā€™s a bang if marginal gains off it.

Who is the female swimming pundit on RTE?

Grainne Murphy, from Wexford, former international swimmer, very successful as a junior but never kicked on

1 Like

The minute Irish rugby team are confident they are invariably absolutely slated and thatā€™s used as the single reason for them losing.

Irish rubby players are not unreal talented sportsmen though.

5 Likes

GrƔinne Murphy. She had to retire from swimming around the age of 22. From Ballinaboola in Wexford.

Iā€™m not so sure on that.

Looks another classic case of one rule for one person and one rule for another on tfk.

Swimmers and rowers donā€™t give it all that when they qualify for a quarter final.

1 Like

Wiffen has already won a world championship.
Thats the main reason for his confidence.
The rugby players arent eithin an asses roar of being World Champs

5 Likes

Doesnā€™t her old man own the Horse and Hound in Ballinaboola?

1 Like

I think she ate both horse and hound

She seems really lovely

They were very close I think

1 Like

Being confident and losing in a QF is slightly different donā€™t you think?

They beat the eventual champions and lost narrowly to the beaten finalists. Regardless of your dislike for rugby I think youā€™d have acknowledge that they were at the level. Presume that weā€™re talking about 15 a-side rugby here.

The sevens were very close as well. No luck. They are both admirable.

Earl was missed tonight for his analysis. Grainne is too safe. Andrew is a vibes man, which is grand for a bit of colour.
But the likes of my parents need to be told he is the 1500m world champion and has every chance of another gold, not that he has to make it out of the heat first.
Iā€™d like to know has Mona a realistic chance in her next event or is she better at 100m.

4 Likes

Ok zero chance is too strong but there doesnā€™t seem to be any red flags in his case.