Paris Olympics 2024

I did a bit of a doggy paddle around the strand in Dunmore this morning.

2 Likes

These relays are fairly dodgy.
I reckon the 2nd German and the third Brit went early

She’s surprisingly down to earth and very funny.

1 Like

Did they clean up that oil spill in Dunmore from yesterday? It was closed yesterday. Big overflow out to Portally because of it.

Britannia rule the waves

She’d do well out of small cases with not much at stake. The big gorillas in Dublin would never use her though because a judge could take a set against her.

Yes it was gorgeous this morning.

Has Michael Martin or his wife offered her congratulations I wonder ?

Shout out to @Fagan_ODowd too #weareallswimmers

4 Likes

Well 4 of us are

1 Like

This is always said but it is not my recollection. And I watched all of it. Tom Humphries and Eamon Dunphy and I presume Paul Kimmage were sceptics but they were not on RTE. My recollection is the RTE coverage was very celebratory in tone.

If somebody can come up with evidence to the contrary I would be very interested.

Barna finishes second last for Bulgaria in the semi-final of the men’s 100 metres freestyle. More joy for Armagh in the pool tonight, and more disappointment for Galway.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/razanirl/status/1818374630740312421?s=46&t=K27wQ5SlUD1o1nD3wyFPgA

My recollection was that GOT was very sceptical on air but was getting it in the neck from all sides in RTE including Bill O Herlihy.

1 Like

Carla Lockhart will be having a presser in the morning denouncing this kind of carry on.

1 Like

Great news for Carla is that Belfast’s Jack McMillan was one of the victorious Team GB in the 4x200 metres freestyle tonight.

Though he was only a sub who swam in the heat.

1 Like

Tom Humphries resigned at the time when IT refused to run two articles questioning her improvement at 26 and suggesting drugs

What’s Tom Humphries doing with himself these days?

Not the first time O Toole swam against the tide.

One of our leading pundits had a bad bike spill today.