Paris Olympics 2024

I’m worried about her individual medal prospects given her prep since the Euro’s. Her coach promised a sub 49 400m which she didn’t really get close to. And those around her are going faster and faster

1 Like

Not sure he said that. He said his goal was to get her to run 48 something in Paris and that should be enough to medal. He did say he wanted a sub 22 200m which didn’t happen

She definitely has a chance. The top 4 are out on their own in her event and she’s one of them but she might be either the 3rd or 4th favourite so it could be tight for a medal.

Is it heats, semis, final in the 400m?

Time for Adeleke to sharpen up as the meet progresses.

Another gold for NI (Team GB)

Never saw a lad as sickened as the New Zealander getting caught late by the Brit in the triathlon. The BBC missed part of him closing down, twas a done deal

Is she running the mixed 4 x 400 really and if so what’s the timing of it? That would be a bad distraction for individual 400 metre prospects of relay is beforehand.

Heats Monday morning, semi final Wednesday evening, and final Friday (I think).

Mrs Mac and I will be in attendance for the heats and semi finals, and hopefully Kellie Harringtons Gold Medal bout on Tuesday evening. Obnoxious money paid but its a bucket list item.

29 Likes

Yeah. Round 1 semi and final. May be a repechage but if she needs that then we’re goosed.

I’ll be interested to see if she runs mixed relay final if we get there. I don’t think she’ll run the semi

1 Like

Mixed semi is on Friday evening and final is Saturday evening I think. If she runs then we will likely medal but I imagine coach Flo doesn’t want her to

1 Like

I hope she runs. An Olympic medal is an Olympic medal and she may not win one in individual and who knows what happens in 4 years with injuries etc.

Qualifying for final without her may be a stretch is the thing.

1 Like

In one of the interviews where he was shouting his mouth off after the Euros he said that she’d need to run a sub 49 400 before Paris given she hadn’t run the Rome race to the plan he gave her. Her prep hasn’t matched how he described it. Maybe she could have gone faster in Monaco if she was up against someone stronger than Klaver. But seeing Kaszmarek going so fast in London wasn’t something I was expecting.

Yep, thats the challenge. You’re bringing Becker or Healy in which adds the guts of 2 seconds to team time

Fair play to Mrs O Sullivan setting up a business and an office so she doesn’t have to listen to this shite.

4 Likes

Her finish got her the 2nd fastest 100m semi final time, and got her a bronze medal by 0.01s. I think she took it easy in the heat today, knowing that a semi final is later today.

1 Like

She slipped from silver to bronze in the home straight and was almost caught for bronze. She’s on record as saying she doesn’t have a big sprint finish like others, it’s been evident

lads confident enough to discuss swimming heat and semi final tactics is classic day 5 of the Olympics

18 Likes

I was just about to post something similar :rofl:

Looking forward to a discussion of the finer points of tacking into the wind this evening.

1 Like

It seems you can only question nordie swimmers on here, anything else sends @Juhniallio into a rage.