Paris Olympics 2024

I feel sorry for people that donā€™t like sport. Yes, itā€™s means nothing. But it means everything.

3 Likes

It must be very very strange. Each to their own and all that but youā€™d always be wary.

1 Like

Itā€™s an in joke between myself and @Cheasty

John is the ultimate alright sort

Oh thereā€™s a few of them no doubt, not unlike the saccer. I bet that fat cunt Des is out there too fluting around doing fuck all

1 Like

Actually 21.03ā€¦sorry for the manifest error.

1 Like

What points do you get per postion, you can supply the doubled total for the final

Olympic swimming may be the greatest 8 days every four years. But itā€™s not the same without Nick Oā€™Hare talking brilliant shite with his mate John Kenny.

Iā€™m genuinely worried about Nick. You donā€™t miss commentating on two Irish medals in the pool for nothing.

4 Likes

First gets 1, second gets 2 etc. Doubled for the final

Jesus thereā€™s be war if you carried the table around like the Guinness ad inside in a real pub

I like sport but I wouldnā€™t bother watching the Olympics. I fell out of love with the event years ago. It was probably the drugs and the incessant jingoism. Iā€™m sitting here reading a book now, I wouldnā€™t bother turning on the Telly.
I also know plenty of people who donā€™t have any time for sport but lead perfectly happy lives. Something else fills that hole for them.

Another great race there in the menā€™s 200 metres backstroke semi-final. The outside smoker Tomac of France led the whole way but was run into fifth with the last few strokes in a blanket finish.

Big disappointment for medal favourite Ryan Murphy of the US, who is the great grand nephew of Arthur Murphy who presented Mailbag on RTE. He only finished sixth.

Mona up NOW

Nobody is ever kind to the Chinese athletes :disappointed:

Aoife Oā€™Rourke 3-2 up after round 2

Some dodgy judging there as the Polish lady wins by a split decision.

Absolutely robbed.

1 Like

Bad few minutes for the Irish

That was a very odd bout.

Polish wan had absolutely no interest in anything other than hugging.

Lack of a finish cost Mona

That Douglass wan is sauced to the gills.