Paris thread

A glorious city. If you have a few hours to kill wander over to the 7th to the Rodin museum (metro Varenne), a lovely spot. The Musee d’Orsay is nearby as well. You need to be selective with the food these days, estimates are that as high as 70% of restaurants serve “sous vide” food i.e. prepared in large factories and delivered to the restaurants daily, still good but very generic. Those that make homemade food and have an actual kitchen and a chef have a sign on the window of a roof on top of a saucepan.

2 Likes

It’s nice there at this time of the year.

Was there last month. Lovely spot.
On the way to Versailles we came across a kind of food court.
It was sheer class. Burger King, McDonald’s and Starbucks all beside each other with a common eating area.
I was able to order chips from McDonald’s and a burger from burgerking while drinking a coffee from Starbucks.
Can’t beat that in fairness.

3 Likes

And “Le Curry Sauce”?

No disappointly enough there wasn’t a sign of it.

He’s not looking for affirmation, mate.

Just asking.

Weather here is unreal. Almost unbelievable. I’ve been out and about in my shirtsleeves all day.

you should try frogs legs, they are unreal, and snails aswell, the smoother them in garlic

Yeah, must keep an eye out for them.

l’escargos they are called

Found a savage spot on a side street up around Montmartre.
Real old school, rustic place, serving all that kind of thing. Had a real country kitchen type feel to the place. I can look up the name if you’ve any interest.

did you sample the delights of the red light up there? some lovely big African ones knocking around

The French are in a class of their own when it comes to food in fairness.

Cheers mon ami. I won’t be up that way unfortunately.

1 Like

At least the French are learning about Irish history.

2 Likes

Off to Paris again in February.

2 Likes

must be cheap after the terrorism is it?

Not especially. I wouldn’t be one though to nickel and dime such a beautiful city.

You better pack large so because it ain’t cheap over there.
Just as well your off the drink…