Paris thread

You’d want your head examined eating out in Paris, especially a bistro, without a recommendation. 80% of restaurants in Paris now have no kitchen, the food is delivered from mass production factories and warmed up. Even the once noble steak frites can’t be trusted anymore.

2 Likes

I saw that on Television, they cook everything in a warehouse, vacuum pack them and bus it into the restaurant, you’d want your examined

Lads calling the Mona Lisa underwhelming, the fuck did ye expect??? :grinning:

1 Like

A group of restaurants called Le Relais de l’Entrecôte sell only one dish, steak & chips. Sounds a bit mad but it’s well worth a try one night. There’s a few of them around the city. You might have to queue, we didn’t.

1 Like

You know fuck all about me.

1 Like

I hit a nerve did I? :joy: Top class comeback.

Ah no you’re right, I was only having a mess, no need to get all thick about it.

Go shit in your hat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. Really well told kid.

1 Like

the French version of nandos, also a prime terrorist attack target, you’d want your head examined to eat there

1 Like

another little tradition of mine was to go for a stroll up the champs Elise of a Sunday morning to buy the racing post and then sit down and have two pints of heinekin at around 10 in the morning, I used to love that Autumn feeling on the first Sunday of October, it was very magical times, very special memories to me on a personal level

1 Like

Any proof of this?

I’m still laughing at the vacuum packed cooked steak and chips. Gas cunts

If it has this sign on the window, the food is cooked on the premises.

2 Likes

Thats not proof

It’s not that unusual to be honest, hasn’t Heston Blumenthal been doing similar with his pubs? It’s just sous vide.

I’m not sure anyone is doing that with steak frites though, it seems wrong.

Classy, another dig at a 5 year old.

Why would they bother putting the sign up? The regulations in France are if you cook on the premises you put the sign up. If no sign, the assumption is no cooking on the premises.

1 Like

@anon32894817

I recommend trying to run into my friends Dorian and Karen who live in Montmartre. Your best bet is to walk along Rue Simart and see if they’re at the front door having a smoke. If they are and they twig that you’re Irish they’ll probably invite you inside for beers and then bring you to their local, Cafe Au Clair De Lune near the top of Montmartre (which I thoroughly recommend anyway), before heading back to theirs for more beers. At least that’s what happened when myself and four other lads passed their gaff back in June.

A great night altogether.

1 Like

Luigis chipper is his level mate, don’t be wasting your time

That sounds amazing. Is the Hyatt over the shopping centre there at Porte Maillot?