Paris thread

Ah, he’s dead a long time now Fagan.

It was open in June. Being redeveloped.

1 Like

The Rodin museum on Rue de Varenne is worth a visit.

2 Likes

Is O’Reillys still going lads? they do a lovely fish and chips, if you are not into that foreign muck

There’s a nice little bistro on the Avenue de La Grande Armee at the Arc de Triomphe end if you want a decent steak and frites.

There’s a nice little bistro in Paris :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Sure no wonder it was disappointing if you were trying to see it from a boat

As one of the lads said at the euros. This isn’t a breakfast it’s just fucking bread.

Ah lovely

Try again

Try what again Captain Fucking Obvious, :joy:
What kind of chump heads off to Paris dreaming of eating steak and chips anyway.

Is there a nice curry to be had in Dehli?

steak-frites

Mona Lisa is underwhelming. Might as well be at home looking out a triple glazed window.

Go see the Raft of the Medusa nearby. You may recognise it from the cover of a Poges album.

There is actually. I was there this week.

1 Like

Nice one, next time I’m off to Dehli you can tell me what street its on so, I’m still smirking at your first post though, like somebody going to take a recommendation of a ‘nice little bistro’ in fucking Paris :smiley: off a lad who’s lived his life between Kilmallock and Poland, you honestly couldn’t even make that one up :laughing:

When I was going to the Arc at longchamps every year, I used to stay at the Hyatt across from the James Joyce, top class. There was a bar around 35 storeys up. On Arc Saturday, after a feed of pints in the james joyce and a Indian meal in that restaurant behind it I mentioned, I used to go up for a few cocktails. It was a little tradition of mine, you could get a seat and sit look out over the Eiffel Tower, it was very magical. The year Finsceal Beo was running in the Poule d’Essai des Pouliches the next day, I had a very special experience with a few roasters that were over with Michael Ryan the owner

@anon32894817 @Smark

6 Likes

That’s a nice story, it’s almost believable even.

2 Likes

You have truly lived life to the max pal, fuck the begrudgers.

2 Likes

The thing is, I done it on my own terms.

7 Likes