Partick v Celtic ☘

He made quite a few ridiculous decisions.

I wasn’t overly impressed with Taylor either. Quite conservative and struggled to get by his man. Alright but not brilliant.

That’s a ringing endorsement thankfully.

1 Like

Serviceable alright. Doesn’t look to have an assist in him despite getting up and down the pitch and being very hard working. He gave the ball away on countless occasions in the second half, but was better in the first.

How he could give a penalty for that at the end after denying Frimpong one himself when it was much more of a foul.

1 Like

I think Rogic was good on the ball but in that diamond midfield we’d be better with a Christie type who can get wide. Rogic started the game drifting out wide and that helped the full backs but that’s not his natural game and then we left the full backs trying to provide all the width the full length of the pitch.

Taylor was knocking it backwards inside or playing diagonal low passes to the strikers but many of those were too loose and intercepted

1 Like

Agreed.

I think on balance I’m still okay with giving him a run of games, as I said after the Huns game. Boli hasn’t been that good, but probably wasn’t as bad in that defeat at Christmas as I felt at the time.

Need to hit the ground running now after this break with 5 league games of the next 7 away from home (2 plastic pitch games at Kilmarnock and Livingston in that) so can’t afford the type of sloppiness from Jullien at the end that led to the penalty.

Hopefully Ajer and Forrest were only left out as a precaution. We’ll be light at centre back if Bitton’s out for a while. Simunovic often doesn’t play on the plastic pitches because of his knee issues.

1 Like

Ajer will be fit for Wednesday according to Lennon.

1 Like

This was an appalling offside decision. It’s not even close to being close.

Ah lovely

:joy::joy::joy:

https://twitter.com/tamsellicsoniii/status/1218616389277224961?s=21

Theyre not far off it though.

Salford are due a whole new first team soon.

Some of us knew way back then.

Others were slow learners.

Sometimes I’d prefer not to be vindicated, alas I was thoroughly and comprehensively.

You wanted Jackie McNamara as manager. I wouldn’t be giving yourself too much credit !

Ahead of Lennon, only.

Glad to see you finally came around to Lennon being a fraud, a pity it took the most embarrassing season at the club since the mid 90s for it to happen.