Passport renewal

I assume this can be done fully online and I don’t need to go back to Ireland in person to finalise it?

You need to come back in person, spend 2 weeks in mandatory hotel quarantine, have 3 negative PCR tests and 2 COVID jab booster shots, queue for 2 days at the passport office in Molesworth Street, wait another 2 weeks for the passport, have another negative PCR test, then fly home. You’ve to wear a facemask the whole time and are not allowed to come any closer than 2m to another person. You cannot look at anyone or talk to anyone.

5 Likes

You can’t go to the pub either.

Why on earth would you ask a board full of contrarians and gobshites rather than googling it???

1 Like

All on line . Dead easy

1 Like

Remember the days it was on molesworth street …all knocked down for new AIB office

How long does it take to renew your passport these days?

Very quick. Few days if done online.

1 Like

How do you manage the digital picture if you are abroad?

just upload it.

Does it not need to be from an approved photome booth?

No. You can take it on your phone. It might return it as unsuitable because of light/shading etc… but you can go again.

1 Like

By God.

Yeah. In the photoshop I go to you specify what type of photo you need, Irish passport, local driving licence etc and the guy has all the templates set up in his machine.

You can but it’s a pain in the hole

About 2 weeks. Dunno about doing it from abroad

It’ll usually let you know quick enough if done right. It’s actually a very good service

Works fine from your phone once you have a plain wall behind you and no shadows.

1 Like

Ok Jason Bourne.

4 Likes

They’ve it right modern now.

@balbec no delay for renewals, it’s just new passports there’s an issue with