Passport renewal

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2022/1101/1332584-irish-passports/

After a bad and long experience getting a first time baby passport last year, the boys came up trumps in renewing my sons out of date passport in 10 days.
This included sending in witness signed guardianship forms and a new photo (original had shadow on the wall). The tracker showed you where it was at every step of the way. I thought they’d have downed tools for the pudding.
Santa had booked a premier league game in early Jan that i thought was going to have to be done by boat rather than cancelled flights but Emer Higgins Passport Express* came up trumps. Hail hail

8 Likes

It’s a Christmas miracle !

1 Like

1 Like

My trip to Paris is in doubt

You’re flying Friday? Start looking into getting an appointment at one of the offices

Ring a politician - ASAP.

Thursday

Did you apply online or with the paper form?

Onlien

Should be on time unless you’ve gotten something wrong. Think the turnaround time is ten working days, a friend had hers returned in two working days just a week or so ago.

1 Like

You are speaking the lingo already at least

2 Likes

Here’s hoping

Ring them, they’ll press a button and it’ll be in the post this evening

2 Likes

Better still, get a politician to do it.

You’d want to be fairly desperate to be wasting a politicians time trying to get a passport renewal accelerated

5 Likes

He is. And its a local politician. Its a no brainer really. All politics is local.

They are usually up to their eyeballs getting people planning permission

Imagine sitting back crying into your pint this weekend because you couldnt pick up a phone to ring a local elected representative.

You’d want to be some daw.