Passport renewal

Just apply online now and stop fannying about and youā€™ll have it in loads of time.

2 Likes

April 6th is only 10 working days away. And Iā€™ll be travelling back on the 9th. So if it arrives in that time frame Iā€™d need to know how it works.

You donā€™t give back the old one so youā€™re fine. Just use that until you get the new one.

No through the post office

If you Fly Ryanair isnā€™t a Drivers Licence enough proof? ( or is that Aerlingus )

Sent away to get mine renewed yesterday and the estimated issue date is 23rd of April. :wave:

By post or online?

Post.

Why not online?

Who told you that time frame? The Passport Office has lost a lot of days due to snow etc, timelines are gone back further than the Post Office are saying/aware.

I put my tracking number into the online tracker and thatā€™s what it threw back at me.

The mother got the form for me and had it all filled out :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Informative. A friend works in the passport office and its currently carnage in there.

The lady in the post office said 15 working days and the passport site said 6 weeks. Weā€™ll wait and seeā€¦

1 Like

So two day delay to normal expected timelines so ā€¦ Anything else would be pushing the snow line a bit too hard

1 Like

They were already behind. However dont underestimate the utter incompetence of the civil servant and desire to seek any excuse

I was told 2-3 months.

For comparison, a friend filled out an online application last night and it says the estimated issue date is the 16th of April and it has already been sent for printing.

Mine still at the application received stageā€¦

Need a passport for Ryanair for all flights.

You can do a Drivers License for Aer Lingus if going to the UK

I told you to do it online.