Paul Galvin - Irish Maverick

I wasn’t looking for one.

(1)That sentence is a contradiction, either he had complaints with media coverage or he didnt. He seems to have changed tack now to suit his fledgling fashion career or whatever.

He had a complaint with the media’s reporting of an article, I believe I made that clear.

(2) who believes Niamh Horan? Please refrain from such idiocy in any future posts.

An example of the gutter media in Irish journalism and the person who broke the story in question.

(3) Not particularly just thinking the hypocrisy stands out. Fair enough the lad is looking for publicity but it seems in marked contrast to his attitude in the past. Any mention in the above article if his quitting teaching had any link on an incident with a student that was reported widely in the media? That might be interesting.

Read the article.

(4) what story - an amateur sportsman that previously railed against the injustice of it all now accepts he was wrong. Are they that stuck for material in RTE?

They done a documentary on a song on the same night, RTÉ’s is rarely stellar, but this was a more than decent efort.

(5) Galvin has developed into a very effective player for Kerry. A sports star? Come on. He is hardly in the best 5 Kerry players of recent years. Would be interesting how he felt about not getting a chance under Paidi O’Se and how he developed from an effective if limited half forward to one who can score and create scores. But beyond that… He must have a book coming out. Great of the national broadcaster to give him such publicity I guess :rolleyes:

Of course he’s a sports star. Gaelic Football is the biggest sport in this country and Galvin was its best player just 2 years ago.

Thought it was a very poor effort overall. Don’t agree with Eamon Sweeney at all, nothing Galvin said is extraordinarily honest.

There was alot of showing him with his top off, or in some low cut t-shirt. But very little about what drives him, what training he does to be a better player. Nobody really asked to give their opinion on him, and a fair bit of sour grapes about Cork winning the All-Ireland (which Cork people seem to be delighted with). Also the incident with Cadogan the first day, he’s talking over it and says Cadogan got hit by someone else and is feeling his mouth from a hit, when in fact he didn’t get hit at all really and is just blowing shite out of his nose. Thats stupid from Galvin who i presume saw it on tv, and brutal from RTE.

The stuff about teaching is a little suspect as well, he apparently loved teaching when in Cork and got on very well with the people there. Have a feeling there is more to that, and he’s possibly getting his head turned from promotional work etc. That will dry up quickly when he retires though.

It was a programme really for the non-GAA person, women and fags really.

Paul Galvin will begin a new fashion column in the Irish Independent on Saturday

:lol:

Heard from a source (not mbbb’s source) that Paul Galivin could be set to transfer to Dublin club, St. Vincent’s.

Was that source the Hedild :wink:

I’m do not reveal my sources

Are these the same sources of MBB? Just been on the news there.

Isnt he not moving to Dublin to study Fashion Purchasing in DIT? It’ll make him eligible for Sigerson.

Really doubt he’ll be able to play. I know its a full time course, but i think it has to be a certain length of time, not sure it is.

My Finuge source says its not happening, he’s only gone till september, and thats the norm anyway.

DIT are good as it is, won the league i think, if he can play they’d be hard bet.

I dont think the time in college makes a difference kev, unless things changed in the last year or 2 (which it may have after the part time course guys in DCU). he’s supposed to be doing a 3 year course anyway.

the only thing that would stop him if he already played college football. did he go to UCC or tralee or somewhere and play sigerson there?

As far as I know if he’s registered by this month then he’s eligible to play regardless and from what I’ve heard, he is registered.

The rules have tightened significantly. Keith Ricken from CIT is one of the main lads and i know he had a big bee in his bonnet of DCU, so a campaign was waged. I was involved in 3rd level a couple of years ago and they have definitely changed alot since i played. In some cases the colleges themselves even punish lack of academic application in an almost American way.

The level of the course (HETAC, FETAC etc) counts as well i think, and length in the college does apply.

Having played for UCC means nothing only he can’t play freshers ever again. But there is also a rule stopping freshers playing Sigerson/Fitz,. Galvin in doing a 1 year post grad, so i really think this could stop him.

Open to correction though.

are post grads considered freshers? id hardly think so.

He flatley denied a move to a Dublin club on Radio Kerry today.

I heard an add on the radio for his new fashion piece starting in tomorrow independent.

I’ll hold off on buying new jeans till I have a read of this… :rolleyes:

I didn’t say that, i was referring to the fact that playing for UCC stops him from playing freshers anywhere else, in relation to Gman wondering would his UCC days make any difference. As well as that there seems to be some confusion as to the course. There is a post grad from Jan-Dec, but it has been mentioned there is a 3year course as well? If it was the 3 year he would be a fresher academically again, but obviously not with a PG.

Galvin is very passionate about Finuge from what i hear, i doubt this would be enough for him to change, he’s probably training with them.

yeah I’m not sure about the elgibility rules alright. I had thought that if you play three or 4 years of college that you couldnt play anymore. it was to stop players in masters and dips taking advantage of the settings. and had heard him talk about a 3 year course, but Eamonn Fitzmaurice was talking about a one year thing. typical galvin, a whole heap of rumours about and generating more talk! in fairness, it ties in (co incidently) nicely to the release of his first article today.

1 Like

I enjoyed the Galvin article, but this is the very distilled essence of TFK in a single line
:joy::joy:

He’s giving us the shirt off his back

Galvin is a footix

1 Like