Paul Scholes

Scored his 100th league goal today to take United top. Take a bow. :clap:

1 Like

Who?

Even though this was against Liverpool I feel compelled to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbMqNSjRXvY

A Class Act. :clap: :clap: :clap:

the fact that he never starred in any of utd champion league finals show that he isnt a class act & his poor performances for england confirm this

the thing that sickens me about him though is that the brits & the wannabe brits such as tittrots see him as the example of a good professional yet slate drogba & bellamy- yet drogba & bellamy are philanthtropists & he is a miserly dullard

If he didn’t live up to your expectations on particular days thats prolly cos of the weight of his medals weighing him down m8. I would have thought an afficionado of the game like yourself would have the depth of understanding to realise a player should be judged over his career as a whole but maybe I am wrong.

Paul Scholes is good. I like Paul Scholes. Today is Sunday.

:smiley:

:clap:

Well said NCC. He’s a dirty little tramp too.

Scholes is one of the few Manchester players I admire. A great player, left Keane in the shade, and his performances for England where he clearly didn’t give a toss :clap:

:clap: :clap:

He scores goals galore, he scores goals,
Paul Scholes, he scores goals,

Paul Scholes is probably the footballer I dislike most on the planet.

Maybe Sinsa Mijailovic would be on a par.

More than Neville?

Scholes is a fine footballer but without doubt the worst tackler ever.
Seems like an alright sort. I wish him no ill will.

An avid Oldham fan still, its nearly time for Scholes to toddle off there and give them the season he’s been promising them for a while now. He goes to games there regularly, pictures of him there with his even more ginger kid, poor lil cunt.

Why such antipathy towards Scholes farmer? He’s a superb player, beautiful passer of the ball, scores some lovely goals. Fair enough he can’t tackle for shit but he’s picked up loads of red cards beacuse of this. He doesn’t hype himself up, gives virtually no interviews and seems a decent bloke off the pitch. Compare that to Mihajlović, a racist who also got an eight match suspension for spitting. Hard to see why you would compare the two?

That is completely wrong and one of the things that bugs me most when people speak about Scholes.

He is one of the dirtiest little gits I have seen on the picth. Lashes out when things aren’t going well, fond of delberately handling the ball and trying to get away with it, yet people say it is out of character because he doesn’t do interviews and shuns the limelight. He is always at it.

Also, a lot is made of the fact that he can’t tackle as if this is not a big deal for a midfielder. Of course it is. He is a very good goalscorer granted and has been for a long time, pretty creative as well but I don’t think he is anywhere near the class of Keane as an all rounder midfielder.

Tony Gale on Sky Sports said that Scholes was much better than Keane and Vieira and that the reason he quit England was understandable as Sven played him on the left. That’s crazy.

Obviously playing for United exaggerates the whole thing, and where the comparison with Mijailovic seems a bit crazy, but all this ‘unassuming Scholes that when he kicked out at Kevin Kilbane it was out of character’ shit pisses me off. I also think he is overrated as well.

Does B not impact on A?

Not really. It would have impacted on A if I had said that Scholes was a perfect footballer.

Can I ask Farmer, if he wasn’t a Man Utd player would you hate him as much? Calling Scholes one of the dirtiest players around is to go completely in the oppisite direction of whose you say praise him too much. You seem to think his poor tackling overshadows the rest of his game whereas most people see it as the one major flaw in his game.

With regard to his England career, surely its his choice to play or not. He felt there was no point appearing in a position where he couldn’t contribute very much. Would you prefer he had stayed around just to make up the numbers?

Scholes is unassuming off the pitch, read any review or article about him. What has that got to do with your view of him as a player? It seems that its the critics praise of Scholes that annoys you most but surely thats nothing to do with Scholes. He doesn’t invite such praise. Its like hating Colm Cooper because he critics love him.