PDC World Darts Championship 2010

[quote=ā€œThe Dunphā€]Just looking at the betting for some of the upcoming matches and a couple of things stand out:

Baxter to beat Anderson at 2/1 (as has been mentioned) looks overpriced.
Hamilton is generally 8/15 to beat Beaton. Thatā€™s lay material.
Jenkins is too short at a best priced 1/5 to beat Young. That could end up 1/6 closer to the off and if it does itā€™s lay country again as Jenkins wasnā€™t that impressive last time and has been off the boil lately.
Whitlock is 1/4 against Jones. Donā€™t get me wrong, Whitlock is a fine player but Jones can be sticky at times. Could be worth a small lay.
I nearly fell off my chair when i saw Stompe at 4/6 to beat Dudbridge. As much as it pains me to say it, we could well have seen the best of Stompe in this tournament. Dudbridge was impressive in the last round in beating the under-rated Tabern and looked to be getting back to his best form. Iā€™d have made Dudbridge a narrow favourite for this one. Lay Stompe here.[/quote]

:clap:

[quote=ā€œballoobasluvsbeerā€]Iā€™m very confident about Baxter later which is worrying me as anytime Iā€™m confident on a bet the exact opposite happens. I just think Anderson will shit the bed again. I like both lads though I have to say, pity they meet each other so early.
Manley always has a big sweaty head on him, Iā€™d say heā€™s red rotten if you were near him.
Did you hear the craic a few years ago that Phil Taylor used to eat a big feed with onions etc during the day so heā€™d be blowing the hole off himself onstage and putting his opponent offā€¦legend.[/quote]

:thumbsup:

:pint:

Anderson totally shat himself yet again on the big stage, as was to be expected. If i was pricing that match up iā€™d have Baxter possibly evens with Anderson maybe 8/11. No way was Baxter such an outsider there, heā€™s a seasoned campaigner at this stage.

I wouldnā€™t back Painter at that at all balloobas, i think despite Barneys low averages he can up his game when the pressure is on.

As much as it pains me to say it, the bet of the next round is to lay Co Stompe at 4/6. Dudbridge should be favourite there, no question.

Iā€™d say Iā€™ll back Painter myself on the night, Iā€™ll see. Donā€™t like backing against Barney as I like to shout for him.

Great to see Baxter back. An excellent player on his day and great to watch.

Serious darts being thrown early on in the Wade v Van Gerwen matchā€¦

1-1 now in sets.

I managed to lay Wade at 1/9 after he went 1-0 upā€¦

And i just backed Wade now to win at 2/9, meaning iā€™ll lose nothing whatever happens. Ah lovelyā€¦ :pint:

Just joining this now, saw or heard no results yet

Wade looks as if he has a monster of a hangover on him.

I saw a bit of the Hamilton v Beaton match where Hamilton triumphed. I also saw some of Whitlocks victory over Wayne Jones and the wizard looked superb at times. Didnā€™t see much of Jenkins v Young but i believe Jenkins beat the tar out of him.

Wade cutting loose now, 2-1 up on setsā€¦

He usually looks that way alright. Heā€™s a fine darts player in fairness to him though. Surely a future world champion.

I canā€™t wait till Taylor hangs up his darts.

Van Gerwan has fairly piled on weight in the last few years, I suppose travelling round boozing and eating out wouldnā€™t help matters either.

He must be a serious, serious boozerā€¦ and grubberā€¦

class finish

amazing stuff there by Wade

3-2 now Van Gerwan not giving up anyway at least

Big dart from Wade there on double 5, had he missed it he was in troubleā€¦

Nerves there by both of them in the end but Wade takes it.

No interest in the rest of the nights matches Iā€™ll stop streaming now. Only have a 15GB download allowance, between streaming darts and football as well as the odd download you wouldnā€™t feel going over it. Costs a bomb if you do.