PDC World Darts Championship 2010

[quote=“The Dunph”]Lewis is very much not an alright sort, Farmer.

Examples of alright sorts in the darting world:

Co Stompe
John Part
Peter Manley
Ronnie Baxter[/quote]
Would go along with all of that.

Not a fan of Lewis at all but he’s playing some unbelieveable darts so you have to respect him.

To the alright sorts category I’d add
Vincent van der Voort
Terry Jenkins
Gary Anderson
Simon Whitlock
Paul Nicholson
Dennis Priestley
Wayne Mardle
Steve Beaton
Gary Robson
and of course Bobby George

Non alright sorts include
Mervyn King
Kevin Painter
James Wade
Michael van Gerwen (comes across as completely thick)
Robert Thornton (big hun)
Ted Hankey (tosser)
Martin Adams for obvious reasons

Olly Croft who runs the BDO is without doubt the biggest cunt in Darts - watch the Blood On The Carpet documentary on the Darts split to see why

[quote=“sid waddell”]Would go along with all of that.

Not a fan of Lewis at all but he’s playing some unbelieveable darts so you have to respect him.

To the alright sorts category I’d add
Vincent van der Voort
Terry Jenkins

Gary Anderson
Simon Whitlock
Paul Nicholson
Dennis Priestley
Wayne Mardle
Steve Beaton
Gary Robson
and of course Bobby George

[/quote]

I was actually going to go back and edit my post of examples of alright sorts a while ago to include the above highlighted players. They’re all alright sorts as well of course.

I would have Anderson and Beaton as being grand as well but wouldn’t hold them in the same esteem as the others.

Nicholson, Mardle and Robson are not alright sorts. The latter purely becuase he plays with the BDO.

Bobby George. :eek:

What’s wrong with Lewis lads? I don’t know anything about him really.

Wasn’t Robson up on some match fixing investigation?

[quote=“sid waddell”]

Non alright sorts include
Mervyn King
Kevin Painter
James Wade

Michael van Gerwen (comes across as completely thick)
Robert Thornton (big hun)
Ted Hankey (tosser)
Martin Adams for obvious reasons

Olly Croft who runs the BDO is without doubt the biggest cunt in Darts - watch the Blood On The Carpet documentary on the Darts split to see why[/quote]

Agreed on those highlighted above.

While i wouldn’t be a fan of King or Van Gerwen, they don’t repulse me in the same way as the others on your list.

Shepherd is a quite glaring omission from your list, Sid.

Bobby George is not an alright sort.

Don’t know much about Olly Croft as i wouldn’t be a fan of that tard BDO association…

[quote=“The Dunph”]I was actually going to go back and edit my post of examples of alright sorts a while ago to include the above highlighted players. They’re all alright sorts as well of course.

I would have Anderson and Beaton as being grand as well but wouldn’t hold them in the same esteem as the others.

Nicholson, Mardle and Robson are not alright sorts. The latter purely becuase he plays with the BDO.

Bobby George. :eek:[/quote]

Nicholson comes across as an alright sort in any interviews I’ve seen with him. Mardle - you either love hom or hate him. Think the reason Robson won’t switch is down to the fact he makes a good living from playing exhibitions with Darryl Fitton rather than any anti-PDC thing. Same reason Anderson wouldn’t switch for so long, they had a business together. Plus I don’t think Robson is good enough to cut it in the PDC and he knows that himself. Anybody who is still bitter over the split at this stage really is some cunt, eg Adams, Hankey. Don’t think Bobby George is really that anti-PDC, I’ve seen him in the crowd at PDC events a good few times.

Martin Fitzmaurice, the “Let’s Play Darts” tub of lard, now there’s another absolute cunt of the highest order.

[quote=“sid waddell”]Nicholson comes across as an alright sort in any interviews I’ve seen with him. Mardle - you either love hom or hate him. Think the reason Robson won’t switch is down to the fact he makes a good living from playing exhibitions with Darryl Fitton rather than any anti-PDC thing. Same reason Anderson wouldn’t switch for so long, they had a business together. Plus I don’t think Robson is good enough to cut it in the PDC and he knows that himself. Anybody who is still bitter over the split at this stage really is some cunt, eg Adams, Hankey. Don’t think Bobby George is really that anti-PDC, I’ve seen him in the crowd at PDC events a good few times.

Martin Fitzmaurice, the “Let’s Play Darts” tub of lard, now there’s another absolute cunt of the highest order.[/quote]

Agreed.

Other non alright sorts we’ve somehow excluded are:

Chris Mason
Alex Roy

Farmer, the fact that there was a split at all is purely down to Croft, an absolute dinosaur and a horrible, horrible man.

Shepherd doesn’t even need to be mentioned at this stage, his cuntishness is a given.

Re match fixing allegations, the one that sticks in my mind is the first round of the 2006 Lakeside when Robson played Anderson. A lot of money went on a 3-1 win for Anderson and that’s what happened. Both were in poor enough form and the winner met Barney in the second round so they seemingly decided to make a few quid on it between them. Never proved though. Anderson was also involved in something similar in the Grand Slam, last year I think it was against Fitton.

I had never heard or saw that Blood On The Carpet documentary about the split but am looking forward to watching it in a half hour now.
[media=youtube]9Iwr3u5HzoM&feature=PlayList&p=CCEC4EA07E49F321&index=0&playnext=1

Ha, Croft’s wife was some bitter wagon. She’s dead now though :clap:

Christ it kicked off in here.

Lewis is a cunt. Taylor is a cunt. Croft is the King of cunts. At cunt awards they have mini statues of him that they hand out as the awards.

Barney, although I do not think is a cunt, annoys me no end for some reason.

Fuck off Shepherd. :clap::clap::clap:

This is a shaping up to be a classic - Whitlock and Bull Jenkins.

120 average for Whitlock so far. :eek:

Jenkins is a decent player though.

Whitlock is throwing some darts here.

As he has done through the tournament.

Whitlock looking very flammable.

I would say that Webster is looking good for the semis - he plays the winner of Stompe and Dudbridge in the quarters.

Whitlock due to play Wade if he beats Jenkins which is looking more and more likely. Hopefully he hammers the shite of the four eyed ‘hard man’.

A leg for Jenkins!!

Whitlock the Wanker. That should be his nickname. Stupid bearded fool.

Class from Whitlock there.

3-2 up in sets, 2-1 down in legs, Bull on 112 to level, Whitlock hits 180 from 220 to leave tops and Bull fails to check out. Whitlock hits tops with first dart to level the set.

Two 180s in the deciding leg set up a possible nine darter, but missed the seventh treble but took the leg easily.

I don’t think he is consistent enough to trouble the likes of Taylor though.

It must be every father’s dream to watch his daughter lead out dart players at the Ally Pally.

Stompe on the verge here. Play up Stompe!

How did Stompe get on Sid? I’m just in the door from doing mans work and missed all the darts today…