PDC World Darts Championship 2010

[quote=ā€œRockoā€]Here donā€™t usually watch darts but watching this.

Why when Wade had the 38 left in the last leg were they suggesting he might go for something other than double 19? Why would you split it? Just cos youā€™re not great at certain areas of the board?[/quote]

Shame on the ignorant bastards for refusing to answer your query, Rocko. Itā€™s part your point in that the doubles down at the bottom of the board are often difficult to hit combined with the fact that, with 2 darts in his hand, he would have been fucked if he hit single 19.

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]Double 19 is a ā€˜difficult doubleā€™ as is double 5.

There is also the argument that, if you have two darts left as Wade did, and hit big 19 then you have no double to go for with your last dart.[/quote]
Double 16 is the ideal double to be on as itā€™s perfectly divideable if you hit the single.

Apologies to Farmer.

I really hope this BDO veteran / also ran, who doesnā€™t even have the cash or sponsors to play in many of the PDC tour events, beats this guy whoā€™s the Premier League champion and great white hope of the PDC.

I want Whitlock to win but I hope this goes the whole way now, it deserves to and I want a nailbiter.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Apologies to Farmer.

I really hope this BDO veteran / also ran, who doesnā€™t even have the cash or sponsors to play in many of the PDC tour events, beats this guy whoā€™s the Premier League champion and great white hope of the PDC.[/quote]

in fairness bandage they are all bdo veterans, even wade has played in the bdo

About timeā€¦

That last set where Whitlock blew Wade out of the water has knocked the stuffing out of Wade.

Only one winner now it looks like.

[quote=ā€œBandageā€]Apologies to Farmer.

I really hope this BDO veteran / also ran, who doesnā€™t even have the cash or sponsors to play in many of the PDC tour events, beats this guy whoā€™s the Premier League champion and great white hope of the PDC.[/quote]
James Wade is actually a BDO reject himself, Bandage. Made no impression at all in two Lakeside appearances. Hadnā€™t the scoring power.

Pressure getting to Wade there, a bustā€¦

best man won in fairness. class darts, a pleasure to watch:clap:

Delighted Whitlock took this, I missed a cracker Iā€™d say. Only saw final set there.

As good of a match as I have ever seen I would say.

The standard was incredible and in fairness to Wade a lesser player would have struggled to get a leg on Whitlock in that form.

Wadeā€™s hopes lie in ashes after the Aussie punishes a disastrous mistake on 44 by the man with the Union Jack flights from the Army town of Aldershot.

Unreal stuff there. Whitlock is some player. Wade went into meltdown at the end when he couldnā€™t even hit two singles to have a shot at a double. Shows the pressure the Wizard applied on him.

Sensational game of darts there.

To Whitlock - :clap::clap:

iā€™m going to lay the bollixs out of barney tonight. 1.65 to lay on betfair.

Anyone do the Baxter/Whitlock double? I stayed away myself.

That was savage.

Nope. I was going to do a treble actually with Baxter/Whitlock/Webster which would pay 10/1 if it came in.

Iā€™ve no excuses though, just didnā€™t have the conviction to do it. Generally, i only bet in large enough amounts, i just didnā€™t have total confidence in this one. Baxter hasnā€™t beat Barney yet eitherā€¦

I stuck a mickey mouse tenner on Baxter to have the most 180s in the match there at 15/8 with Bruce for the craic.

[quote=ā€œThe Dunphā€]Nope. I was going to do a treble actually with Baxter/Whitlock/Webster which would pay 10/1 if it came in.

Iā€™ve no excuses though, just didnā€™t have the conviction to do it. Generally, i only bet in large enough amounts, i just didnā€™t have total confidence in this one. Baxter hasnā€™t beat Barney yet eitherā€¦[/quote]
Strongly fancy him to though.

Lewis has the game to beat Taylor but thereā€™s a big difference between being a flat track bully and doing it in a long match against Taylor. Lewis has never won a match of this calibre in his career so far or come close to doing it. Weā€™ll see.