PDC World Darts Championship 2010

[quote=“fenwaypark”]exactly what im saying farmer. barney last year was in good form, his averages versus klaasen, baxter and taylor in final backed that up. thats why an out of form wade had no chance even though everyone knew wade was a class act and had the game to beat barney.

barney this year is like wade last year[/quote]

Wade has very little pedigree in comparison to Barney. That’s my point. Barney has the World Titles to back it up.

i mean prior to this tournament. if barney had his A game of course the answer would be barney but prior to this tournament it would have being wade. just an opinion.

you cant say that wade has little pedigree. sure he does’nt have the world titles but he has won majors.

In comparison to Barney is what I said, which is the comparison you made.

did’nt see the in comparison to barney part:thumbsup: your right he does’nt :slight_smile: YET

lets hope we get a couple of decent games:pint:

I will be backing Barney tonight at 6/5.

The reasons are thus:

Class is permanent, form is temporary.
Barney has destroyed everyone he’s met in the tournament so far. He has yet to be tested, ergo this is the reason his average is lower than Whitlocks. A stronger opponent should and i think will bring his average up.
Barney has been hitting the doubles.
He’s been there and done it all before. This is new territory for Whitlock.
Whitlock played the best game of his life when beating Wade. He admitted that himself. At a minimum, he will have to match that performance again tonight. Can he do it again? Perhaps. Fair play to him if he can but i don’t know can he.
If these two had met 10 days ago, say in the first round, i’d say the betting would have been something like Barney 1/3 and Whitlock 9/4. Has that much changed in the intermening period that would have Barney now at 6/5 and Whitlock at 5/6? I think not.

The only thing that will decide the level of my stake is when i know who is to throw first. I will hold off betting until such point.

Barney must have won the throw lads has he? His price is retracting. Gone to evens now from 11/10 with Powers. 11/10 from 6/5 on Betfair. :guns:

[quote=“The Dunph”]I will be backing Barney tonight at 6/5.

The reasons are thus:

Barney has destroyed everyone he’s met in the tournament so far. He has yet to be tested, ergo this is the reason his average is lower than Whitlocks. A stronger opponent should and i think will bring his average up.
Whitlock played the best game of his life when beating Wade. He admitted that himself. At a minimum, he will have to match that performance again tonight. Can he do it again? Perhaps. Fair play to him if he can but i don’t know can he.
If these two had met 10 days ago, say in the first round, i’d say the betting would have been something like Barney 1/3 and Whitlock 9/4. Has that much changed in the intermening period that would have Barney now at 6/5 and Whitlock at 5/6? I think not.

The only thing that will decide the level of my stake is when i know who is to throw first. I will hold off betting until such point.[/quote]

you make a good argument for the defence:thumbsup:
good luck with that bet

No bets for me (bar the vbookie) tonight, just going to sit backand hope for two classics.

[quote=“fenwaypark”]you make a good argument for the defence:thumbsup:
good luck with that bet[/quote]

Any idea who throws off, fenway?

[quote=“The Dunph”]I will be backing Barney tonight at 6/5.

The reasons are thus:

The only thing that will decide the level of my stake is when i know who is to throw first. I will hold off betting until such point.[/quote]

:clap:

great post Dunph.

I’m going throwing a score on Whitlock.

was going to lump on whitlock on outright market but bottled it to be honest:guns:

done whitlock 6-0 and 6-1 for good money

great post Dunph.

I’m going throwing a score on Whitlock.[/quote]

Barneys price falling apart now faster than a whores knickers. It’s obvious what’s happened here, layers have been reading my preview…

nah just people backing barney for sentimental reasons and perceived value:thumbsup:

the dunph moves markets:pint:

For all my fellow scroungers out there…

http://www.justin.tv/worldchampionshipdarts/#r=W1qtQw4

[quote=“balloobasluvsbeer”]For all my fellow scroungers out there…

http://www.justin.tv/worldchampionshipdarts/#r=W1qtQw4[/quote]

Good man,

I won’t be hitting the boozer till 9 ish and have no sky sports here.

Having a few bottles of Oct09 Labatt Ice for this…a fine vintage.

What in the name of jaysus was that I just saw!!! Fuck sake.

sing along bitches:thumbsup: