People Kev knows

Bring it on, nixer boy.

1 Like

One would have to wonder when they go on the internet looking for advise to change a lightbulb.

Unless you’re trying to hide money…most people could manage it themselves imo.

Edit cc @Bandage :smile:

2 Likes

Oooft why didn’t you cc him on it?

1 Like

Did you claim you did some Carpentry work for cash when you returned from Australia?

I hear theres these fellas out there who call themselves movement coaches who could help with that. They seem very knowlegable on all sorts of stuff both physiological and psychological.

It’s all sorted, mate.

The electrician that the property management company use will be coming around later this week to change the 10 (ten) affected light bulbs. :clap:

2 Likes

1 Like

You never said ten of them were affected? That would indicate a far more serious issue

The issue being that @Bandage hasn’t changed a bulb in a good 8 years living in the place and the last one is eventually gone.

There’s a couple gone in various rooms but let’s take this back to the DIY thread.

You trust him/her based on recommendation. Then he works out what you may owe based on your earnings and he sorts it out for you periodically. I generally over pay. Only really starting to pay anythibg of note now.

Plenty of cases though where lads were giving in money to look after tax but money was being used for all sorts, including investments and what not.
But to be fair to accountants its not like many are/were at that.

But yes some people have gone under due to their dodgy accountant. And while he is liable in a criminal sense i think the self employed person has to oay the tax regardless. Maybe one of the lads can confirm.

Sometimes @TFK really is the greatest place on the internet. Some lunatics around here

I had a case recently where we managed to sign up a new client. After a routine credit check, it was discovered they hadn’t filed any returns for three years and we’re on the verge of being struck out. Incredibly they were unaware of this and all hell broke loose.

I wouldn’t have much sympathy for them. It costs 30 c to check this online.

Some ???

I dont know chief what the ins and outs of their dealings with him/her were butI do know in my game where I deal with a lot of sole traders and sme’s , they tend to let the accountant handle all "that shit"and put their trust in them. Understandable in a way because any sole traders or sme’s with relatively small turnovers are too preoccupied with selling and getting money in. They tend to outsource and trust whoever they employ to look after all that admin stuff

Thats precisely it.
I was doing everything myself, still am for most things. As the stream gets steadier and my systems more set i can now hand over stuff like marketing. Next move is 60-70% online. Might take 12 months but ince i have its cruzy enough.

1 Like

It’s probably best to leave your business marketing to a professional if you want to be taken seriously, mate.

You’re probably at the stage where it’s too much work for one person and not enough for two. It’s a chicken and egg scenario. A critical time where you have to make sure that any outsourcing that’s done is laid off in the correct manner ( to the right people)
What lot of people tend to forget is that one of the biggest mistakes they make is while outsourcing their accounts, 80% of the time they are also outsourcing to a one man band.

1 Like

Thanks mate.

Here if needed guys