People Kev knows

Thats one. I wonder how many others there’s been.

Not too many others.

Wouldnt have thought so, not even from underage, club our county. Some going to even do it once you’d say.

Conditions played a huge role aswell.

1 Like

how many did he get at the weekend, 2 points from play?

He’s a great player now. He won the AI for Kerry in the way Maradona won the World Cup for Argentina.

1 Like

Was it? Either way, not held scoreless from play.

The one from 50 yards out in the second half was utterly sublime.

The free itself from under the Cusack was ridiculous.

1 Like

He occupies 2 and 3 defenders on every play. Galway would’ve won easily only for him.

1 Like

That free was way underplayed. Wasn’t easy for most players. Never thought for a second he’d miss mind.

Mayo would’ve won 6 or 7 All Irelands with a David Clifford.

4 Likes

kicking frees or marks in bogball seems pretty easy mate

Clifford is the best player in the game currently, I don’t think that is even up for debate. Is he the greatest ever, probably not, but he certainly has the scope to be in that conversation given his current ability and age.

1 Like

I was a savage free taker in my day. Off both feet I kicked them.

3 Likes

I never said I could kick them over the bar off both feet though.

If Clifford keeps it up he’ll be as good as Con one day.

Different players and styles in fairness. CON is a fantastic player but Clifford from a technical perspective is a different level to him in fairness

1 Like

Bit like Messi and Ronaldo there. Purists will probably always prefer Clifford.

The two of them paring up would be a cool selling point for the International Rules.

Con is a very dangerous and functional forward. He’s made himself into a serious weapon, but much like Kilkenny, a lot of the individual beauty has been coached or S&C’d out of him. Clifford has a much more beauty to him, and a greater wow. There’s nothing wrong with liking one over the other, it just depends on what is in your own hear.t

I doubt Clifford can hurl like Con.