People Kev knows

Clifford takes the mark and the easy point. Nothing wrong with that.

The purist would prefer to see a Con side step and the net bristle.

2 Likes

Yet Clifford has a better goal scoring record than Con with a goal every 3 games (7 in 21 championship matches) to Con’s goal per 3.2 games (10 in 32). Go figure

2 Likes

Con’s goal records in All Ireland semi finals and finals is where I was focussed. He has an eye for a goal in the very biggest occasions that Clifford doesn’t yet have.

1 Like

Two lads from a hurling wasteland.

It was his stronger foot - try it off the weaker one and maybe it’s then underplayed

1 Like

I take Kev’s point to a certain extent.

Clifford’s name has been up in lights since he was a minor. I think the result of that has been two fold. A lot is expected of him and the fact that he routinely scores heavily in matches without any necessarily brilliant play seems to be written off. And on the other side the media continues to big him up which probably wouldn’t have happened if he wasn’t such an incredible minor.

My view is that he is a class player. As @Big_Dan_Campbell says, the best player in the country at the moment with the potential to be an all time great. But I do think a lot of the media stuff around him at the moment is over the top, and Shane Walsh should have gotten MOTM.

3 Likes

I just saw the headline elsewhere, and you just knew it’d be Kev :rofl:

6 Likes

It didn’t take the AIF to know Clifford and Shane Walsh were two of the finest players ever to take the field. Absolutely brilliant, both of them.

1 Like

Kev would be a superb replacement for spillane.
I think we can all agree on that?

2 Likes

He had a great cut off Philip Kerr yesterday, who would be highly regarded as a football coach.

It ended with Kev conceding they were in fact both right.

5 Likes

Walsh isn’t in the same league as Clifford

1 Like

Certainly agree Clifford is the best player in the country at the moment and is up there with the most all round gifted in terms of size, speed, skill (Connolly, Maurice Fitz). Barring injury he’ll end up as the GOAT I’d say. But at the moment there is a serious question mark over his contribution late in games that doesn’t seem to be mentioned. I hardly think he touched the ball in open play for the last 25 to 30 minutes of the match on Sunday. The same happened him in the semi v Dublin bar winning the late free.

2 Likes

Kev must be going soft in his old age, conced8ng someone else is right ( while of course being right himself)

But wasn’t he (allegedly) playing through pain the last few months, and this contributed to him fizzling out late in a few games. Someone said here he was getting an injection before games

I thought it amusing the way lads can sometimes assess something like this from a tv screen. Not to say they may or may not be right, but its funny how it becomes gospel. The GAA is great for the aul wimin and their gossiping.

He looks very unfit to me.

You’ll get over 2017 eventually.
Actually, I don’t think you ever will.

Awh stop will ya….

Lads I don’t think King CON kicks any football at all with Crecora/Manister, but I agree that if he did he’d probably be better than David Clifford

He threw it, he threw it.