People Kev knows

The real king con

He did throw it :joy:

All that Caribbean sunshine has blinded you

Kev is making a name for himself fair play to him.Clifford is a brilliant player and might we’ll go on to be the best ever but it’s a bit early to call that yet.Hes no Connor Beirne that’s for sure.He could have been the greatest @anon67715551 @farmerinthecity

He scored 3 goals in the first 10 minutes against us in an u13 football match once.

3 Likes

Conor has left all that behind him. He either got married or is getting married this month. A few children as well. Says he finds it hard to get time to turn out for the club now.

He was togged when they beat us in the Intermediate Championship last year, but saw no gametime.

Typical Manor type post - looking down on the small, hard-pressed rural club from the lofty heights of multiple Fenagh Cup achievements.

2 Likes

If I could have given that two likes I would have.

1 Like

It gives me no pleasure to note that yourselves and Cloone are fielding your first 15’s in the realms of Junior football but these are the cold facts.
Cloone actually won a solid rake of Senior titles in the 40/early50’s and are now struggling as are most rural clubs. Yours truly won an underage title with Cloone in the mid 60’s as did a couple of others (Seamus Colreavy from Gortletteragh for one) on the day. * @flutehook
Oddly, we/they played Manor in the old Bee Park and they were augmented by a hape of FCA lads (resplendent with beards and mustaches from Finner)……but both sides knew the parameters.

Times and things are tough for small rural clubs but thank God we’re in a good spot. We had a weekend gathering of underage there a fortnight ago and had massive numbers. The countymen were front and centre and along with past players - McLoughlins, Greenans and Flynns are galvanising the effort.

Whether we’re good enough to bring the title home remains to be seen but the club and its personnel aren’t lacking for effort.

2 Likes

I was really impressed there for a moment…i thought you saud you won a senior title while underage!

2 Likes

This could be Kev’s big break. A few media outlets seem to have picked up on it.

The likes of OTB could do with this as GAA coverage now that the Inter County season is over.

I’ve no doubt the cut and thrust of TFK will stand him in good stead if he is called to go on any radio or podcast.

1 Like

Him cutting Gilroy in two would be worth having him on OTB

10 Likes

I could see Gilroy winding him up a terror and Kev hanging up screaming “you just dont get it fella”.

9 Likes

Conor Beirne is one of the biggest wastes we’ve had in a while,a savage player and unmarkable when on his game.Imagine a fit well motivated (by Coach Andy)Conor up front with Ryan and KB playing off them.Wed be unstoppable…in Div 4.Its a pity he wasted his talent.When people say we don’t have the players I totally disagree,we do we just don’t develope enough of them from 15/16 up and then they drop out or lose interest.

1 Like

“There’s absolutely no talking to the likes of you”

Cc @Gman

4 Likes

The underage management teams of the past decade havre been outstandingly unimpressive. But you’re right, we need to build from the bottom up.

1 Like

As much as I hate them the sheepstealers have been at this for nearly 20 years now.Thats why they been a Div 1/2 team for the last while.

Giving up your life for the majority of the year to train ridiculously hard only to get hammered by the likes of Galway and maybe win or lose a qualifier.

Putting in the work and then getting kicked off the panel for allegedly drinking one month before a match.

Can you blame him?

1 Like

No,an awful waste all the same.Youd imagine if Coach Moran was in charge that time it would have turned out different.Although he’s probably like a lot of lads we know who were brilliant footballers when young but just didn’t have the love for it.Anthony Forde from the Black played for Cavan and won an Ulster title in 97 but he wasn’t even the best player in Blacklion.Two Nolan brothers were better than him but hadn’t the discipline to be county players.

@RunningBelowXg