People who are beginning to give me a pain in the hole

Dr Gavin Jennings started broadcasting while he was studying Medicine at NUI, Galway - fronting news and sports shows on community radio. He presented several RTÉ programmes before moving to Morning Ireland.

Gavin combined working in A&E departments as a doctor with covering politics for the Belfast Newsletter before joining BBC Northern Ireland, first as a newsreader on Radio Ulster and later as a reporter and presenter with Radio Foyle’s Sony award-winning news and sports team.

Gavin came to RTÉ eight years ago and presented News at One, This Week, Saturday Sport, Friday Sportsnight and Take Your Point before joining Morning Ireland in December last year.

Originally from Navan, he still hopes to be on the sideline the next time the Royal County wins the All-Ireland. ‘It’s only a matter of time,’ he says.

I was watching him for a while and he was all digs and punches off the ball, always looking at the ref to make sure he couldn’t see. He wasn’t even looking at the play, he was just trying to piss people off and start fights. I just thought he was a prick and I never have him in a team.

1 Like

Dr Jennings is an alright sort

Tony Cascarino was brilliant at that. He used to walk across the line and stand on all the back fours feet as he was doing it.

Centre backs are cunts mate. They’ll be digging you in the back of the head as soon as the match starts

You must think every GAA player ever is a thug on that basis

1 Like

Oh for fucks sake. Fair enough, after 48 years of watching and playing various sports, I can’t tell a complete cunt.

do you think people are the same on the pitch as they are off it? :sweat_smile:

Gavin Jennings is a member of Na Fianna. As are Paschal O Donoghue and Dermot Bannon.

I need to find myself a new club.

Shane Coleman as well, no?

He often mentions them on his Newstalk show.

Gavin sounds like he might be related to David from the Racing Post

Is MaryLou a member?

President of the GAA and Dublin football manager. There isn’t a club in the country with as much sway/pull/fundraising potential at the minute.

Sure they even got the metro diverted.

2 Likes

I forgot him. I still need a new club

We still haven’t won a senior championship of any description in 20 years. That’s the shit that counts

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of. She would spend heavily at a cake sale I’d say.

3 Likes

I’d be very surprised if that stat remains in the next five years in both codes. That game vs Boden was the best club game I saw last year. If Dessie stayed ye would be a great bet to win it this year. The hurlers are short a few grizzled veterans but are not far off the 2nd best team in the county.

Ye brought half of south Armagh in to win that

Finbarr’s ???

How are Plunkett’s going these times ???

Very hard to look at any club in Dublin winning anything without outsiders. Boden might have done it recently but they needed outsiders for them to break a glass ceiling beforehand.

Finbars is her club I’m fairly sure. It would fit the image she likes to portray.

Plunketts are going backwards in football but making gains in hurling.

1 Like