People who cook slow

A thread for people who use slow cookers or I suppose are slow cookers.

Great opportunity for lads to get in on the recent TFK movement to post up pictures of your dinner.

TSCC is open to all members

2 Likes

Signing in, fantastic thread.

Signing In.

I made a lovely tomatoey lamb stew in it one day, fucking unreal so it was.
Lamb, veg, bit of tomato puree, a few 'erbs and spices, splash of red wine. Fuck off for six hours and boom.

I mainly use it to cook beef or lamb, add nothing just lob it in there and let it cook in it’s own juices, nom nom nom

1 Like

Ah lovely.

Signing in.

My Crock Pot was a brilliant investment. Delicious and healthy lunches for several days prepared on a Sunday night.

Signing in.

I posted this before but I think it’s worth putting up here again. An absolutely unreal lamb curry which I’ve always done in the slow cooker using lamb neck.

There’s plenty of other interesting looking curry recipes on that site too it would seem which would seem worthy of testing.

2 Likes

Signing in,this is my bad boy,a great piece of kit

1 Like

Any Black Friday slow cooker deals on the go lads?

In

signing in.

signing in, I want to be part of this

1 Like

I’ve one in the cupboard ( in the larder) for the last 2 years, unused, but I’m determined to be to the fore in this latest TFK fad. I’m not going for try anything too fancy first off.
I just want a nice tender beef/ pork roast by 6:30pm tomorrow evening.

1. Which would be the recommended cut.

2. What would he the optimum time to allow

C. Thanks in advance for the replys.

I’m buying one tomorrow, advice from the experts, what should be my first dish, something that will blow my mind

Signing in.

Great thing about the slow cooker @Brimmer_Bradley is she’s great for the cheaper cuts of meat - shin beef, chicken thighs, etc.

@Tassotti - get a medium sized one. Morphy Richards, or something along those lines. I reckon a 3.5 litre pot is pore than enough for you. You’ll have the freezer full as well in no time.

@Massey - she’s a fucking beauty.

2 Likes

I’ll kick the recipes off with this cracker…

Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry
Ingredients
Serves: 6
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 large skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 tablespoon curry paste
2 teaspoons tandoori masala
1 teaspoon garam masala
175g tomato puree
15 green cardamom pods (bashed)
400ml coconut milk or creamed coconut + warm water
200g natural yoghurt
salt to taste

Method
Prep:30min › Cook:6hr › Ready in:6hr30min
Heat the butter and vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the chicken, onion and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in the curry powder, curry paste, tandoori masala, garam masala and tomato puree until no lumps of tomato puree remain. Pour into a slow cooker, and stir in the cardamom pods, coconut milk and yoghurt. Season to taste with salt.
Cook on High 4 to 6 hours, or on Low 6 to 8 hours until the chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced to your desired consistency. Remove and discard the cardamom pods before serving.

They’re a great job i had a lovely neck of lamb and shanks from one i got the brother to kill in sept,hard to beat your own ,as the boys said great job for the cheap cuts,i must try a curry sometime soon

Curries are great in the slow cooker. We had sausages cooked in a red onion gravy earlier this week. Branston pickle and worcestershire sauce…gave it a lovely kick. Served with mash - real comfort food.

2 Likes

@ironmoth buddy. Thanks for the reply, if I put in chicken thighs and stuff like that would they not just fall apart and turn into a big greasy disgusting goo
I’m thinking to start with a nice housekeepers cut of beef or something alone those lines.

No way pal. They’re a more muscular part of the bird, so tougher and much more suited to this type of cooking. Can get 8 of them off my butcher - skinned and boned for under a fiver. That’s some amount of meat! Mrs. Moth made this one a while back - was a massive hit and one of the simplest meals you’ll ever prepare.

Mrs. Moth’s Honey and Garlic Chicken
Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
Chicken Thighs
1/2 cup tamari (or soy) sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey
3 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 teaspoon dried basil

Directions

1. Lay chicken thighs into the bottom of slow cooker.
  2. Whisk tamari (or soy) sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, and basil together in a bowl; pour over the chicken.
  3. Cook on Low for 6 hours.
  4. Serve with a bit of “whatever you’re having yourself” - e.g. rice.

6 Likes

:open_mouth: