People who cook slow

Apparently one of these has already been purchased for me as a Christmas present. Signing in in anticipation.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just taken some lamb ribs out of the freezer for tomorrow,any suggestions

1 Like

Put them on a plate or in a bowl. When meat defrosts water tends to puddle around it.

1 Like

This seems like a lazy option, but iā€™ll post it up anyway.

Just grill them mate and have them for breakfast. I could eat lamb at any hour.

I am going for pints shortly and Iā€™ll be attacking some left over lamb cutlets when I return tonight.

3 Likes

The chili con carne is almost ready. Time to lash a few spuds into the oven.

That is a weapon.

1 Like

Over rated contraption.
Save money any one thinking about it and just put a casserole dish in the oven at 100 degrees for the day. Thatā€™s all it does.
You canā€™t put fatty meat in it it wonā€™t break it down.
You canā€™t put chunky veg in it wonā€™t cook them.
You Will need to thicken the gravy/sauce unless you like broth with your meat/ really small diced veg.
There, if just saved some cunts ;ā‚¬,50

3 Likes

Check your house insurance policy

2 Likes

For what?

Leave an 800e appliance on very low for the day or a low end 40e piece of garbage.

Youā€™ll be the first to burn non-believer

1 Like

I failed to use my cooker yesterday as I went to a funeral @ 10:45am and didnā€™t get home until ā€¦ Iā€™m not teally sure what time.
Iā€™ll be fucked if ask the mrs as sheā€™ll tell me Iā€™m a cunt and sheā€™ll add 3 hours to it.

Beef bourgignon just stuck on this morning. Should be perfect when I land back in after Fairyhouse

10 Likes

Chili was really good - even the few dollops of it thrown on top of tortilla chips and horsed in the oven at 10pm last night was very tasty. Slow cooker strikes again.

As for putting fatty meat into it, tend to avoid fatty meat. But for meat with connective tissue and colagen (e.g. Shin beef) itā€™s perfect. Slow cooker strikes again. 60% of the time, it works every time.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to slow cook the shit out of something this weekend.

Iā€™ve also amended the title

2 Likes

I slow cooked some bolognese at the weekend with, to be honest, mixed results.
The end product was quite tasty but didnā€™t really taste like bolognese, more like a taco mix. I put in my usual mix of herbs and spices which unfortunately proved to be too strong after the slow cooking. Ah well lesson learned.

I also slow cooked some beef yesterday, came out very nice. Just let it stew away in itā€™s own juices, very tender.

1 Like

Whats the lesson? Less herbs and spices?

Ya, slow cooking seemed to make the italian herb mix a lot more noticable than it would normally be when I fry it with similar amount.
Iā€™d also add in more tomatoes the next time.

1 Like

I did a Bolognese yesterday myself. Cooked up a diced onion with garlic, 4 medallions of bacon chopped, 2 cloves of garlic and a couple of drops of harissa paste. Then added the mince until brown then diced mushrooms and peppers. About 10 minutes cooking that before adding a tin of chopped tomatoes, a massive squirt of tomato puree and about 1/3 of a bottle of red wine. Let that simmer away for about 40 minutes. Served up with some wholewheat spaghetti. It was fucking awesome and the best bit is there is some leftover that I will be eating later!!! What a day for Horsebox.

3 Likes

Bacon?

1 Like