People who have been mugged off. Good and proper like mickee321

Purchasers of Vibram “barefoot” runners

I saw someone posting about this elsewhere last night. What’s the deal with it? I presume all their ‘benefits’ were nothing other than marketing jargon and some scientist has disproved the theory of their usefulness?

Their claims were too specific and loose. However the hybrid (with new balance) one I have did say on them that they should be used intermittently at first to allow your legs to adjust. That’s solid advice and the same advice I would give anyone going barefoot running (with no shoes at all). And I would also suggest to start on grass.

The issue is all the shite we have been wearing for years has adjusted our Flexion at the ankle which has led to many imbalances. We are made to run, and we are made to run barefoot.
However just throwing off the shoes and heading off on 5KM runs is madness, it’s too much too soon. But if broken in slowly there is benefits.

The main thing is taking away too much heel raise and stiffness (material) around the ankle (basketball players have very high issues with ankle injuries, usually though out side the court when not wearing basketball shoes). Vibrams certainly are a better option. However walking in them first for a while is advisable. In fact most people just use them as casual shoes anyway.
The hybrids I have are trail ones and are brilliant, I have noticeably less ankle twists on the national park route I use here sometimes.

No scientist disproved anything btw. There are studies out there that show barefoot running superior to shoe running though.

And vice-versa.

There was nothing to disprove because there was no scientific basis established for the claims Vibram were making.

Thanks Kev. Presume you’ve read Born To Run?

I went barefoot running on hard sand before and nearly tore the legs off myself. Never tried it again after that. Like you say its the type of thing that needs to be done gradually to get best effect.

What were the claims Vibram were making?

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 944337, member: 1”]And vice-versa.

There was nothing to disprove because there was no scientific basis established for the claims Vibram were making.[/QUOTE]
Ya but there is nothing there for their own product, but for the general exercise there is plenty. I’m very surprised they lost this, although details on the case from the quick search I did are thin enough.

It could be kids landmark, can we go back and due every pharma company now who’ve been shown to be lying about what their product can do.

What I read in my tag,which of course could have been adjusted post this law suit, made perfect sense generally and scientifically. It gave the proper advice in my opinion.

There must something I’m missing here. Going by what the tag said and in comparison with other companies claims being far more ludicrous and never losing a suit, I would have thought no chance had I read about it pre-trial. I mean did this woman injury herself because of the shoes? It seems bizarre to me, so many things can contribute to injury.

Likely Nike or someone similar threw some money at this.

Good balanced article here on this. I agree with a large portion of it.
http://www.sportsscientists.com/2014/05/vibram-lawsuit-barefoot-running-common-sense/

Getting mugged off good and proper here in the Disney store…

urgent advice needed.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 995280, member: 686”]
urgent advice needed.[/QUOTE]

1. dont go to the disney store with a child

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 995280, member: 686”]Getting mugged off good and proper here in the Disney store…

Fire alarm.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 995280, member: 686”]Getting mugged off good and proper here in the Disney store…

Pretend you’re missing a kid, go mental and run out the store immediately.

Got away light enough… staff are pityfull creatures in there.

What did you get me?

A talking Tigger mate.

A few of my colleagues are getting mugged off here regularly and they don’t even know it.

3 of them, have worked 60 -80 hour weeks for the past 6 months, weekends, etc… They are salary paid employees so no overtime.

We are after leaving a meeting just there where all 3 were commended for their extra effort, proud as punch they were and got a 150 euro voucher for their efforts :smiley:

Mugs.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1034509, member: 686”]A few of my colleagues are getting mugged off here regularly and they don’t even know it.

3 of them, have worked 60 -80 hour weeks for the past 6 months, weekends, etc… They are salary paid employees so no overtime.
Mugs.[/QUOTE]

careful mate…that’s a normal week for some guys here…they just get side tracked by the fact they get to travel on a plane…

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1034509, member: 686”]A few of my colleagues are getting mugged off here regularly and they don’t even know it.

We are after leaving a meeting just there where all 3 were commended for their extra effort, proud as punch they were and got a 150 euro voucher for their efforts :smiley:

Mugs.[/QUOTE]

Are they on good basic salaries?

Are they easily replaceable?

[QUOTE=“balbec, post: 1034517, member: 193”]Are they on good basic salaries?

Are they easily replaceable?[/QUOTE]

Yes , good salaries when the hourly rate is calculated at 40 hours per week.

Everybody is replaceable, not easily but replaceable.

Mugs.[/QUOTE]

Decent brucey at the end of the year surely?