People who have lost or gained a serious amount of Weight

Plenty of ex footballers pile it on. Wouldnt mind that so much.

1 Like

You’d wonder how a former professional athlete can look in the mirror when they’ve let themselves go to that extent, in such a short time as well for Rooney, where will that stop?

Ronaldo seems happy enough with himself.

2 Likes

In fairness to Rooney, he’s not a naturally skinny lad either. I’d struggle a bit with the weight myself, especially if I wasn’t doing a bit of training. I suppose society tells us people can’t put on weight and still be happy :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

luke shaw is another example …

I’d say it happens very easily … they trained for big matches every week for about 15 years , then the matches are gone .

1 Like

It’s hardly uncommon… everything was managed for them as players from about 15/16…

Nothing wrong with a professional athlete letting off the handbrake in retirement. You’d commend them to an extent. They’ve earned the right. You’d be disappointed to see lads fat shame like that.

2 Likes

Body shaming is ok now is it?

1 Like

Jeez, I don’t know, I’d be surprised if Wayne finds out about it :man_shrugging:

Just a general comment

1 Like

A good pal of mine was a serious muay thai fighter. Dedicated himself to it for a few years. When he stopped, he put on a serious amount of weight. Understandable given the sacrifices he made for such a long time.

2 Likes

:grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Lads don’t really understand the sacrifices required to reach the absolute top of the tree. The denial. It’s incredible. Rooney even gave up banging strippers there for a while.

1 Like

I respect you for not being a coward with a hidden profile mate :+1:

You’re a nawful rogue the way you did that

Pulling up old posts suggests that growth amongst forumites cannot happen

2 Likes

I pride myself on my changing opinions and stances.

1 Like

To be honest I wouldn’t know how to hide it or why I should bother.

2 Likes

Yes, a sign of intelligence

I’d be fierce angry at myself if I didn’t feel I grew as a human every single day

1 Like