Phil Hogan - We'll miss him now he's gone

dura lex, sed lex

Edward Walsh SC and Constance Cassidy SC are also both robed up for this. Arenā€™t they they husband and wife team from Lissadell House?

I donā€™t know

Willie Penrose has a junior brief as well, I see for Donie Cassidy.

1 Like

they are indeed

Yes, the Lissadell House couple, Miriam Lord called them Irelandā€™s foremost libertarian law practicers or something like that

Constance is the Number 1 licensing expert in the country, I believe?

Is it really necessary to have a cast of Senior Counsel for a regulatory prosecution like this?

Senior Counsel are needed when there are escaped goats to herd.

1 Like

season 5 GIF

[quote=ā€œChairmanDan, post:1446, topic:32273, full:trueā€]
Willie Penrose has a junior brief as well
[/quote

An oxymoron if there ever was one. Willie, God bless him, would do serious damage at a carvery.

3 Likes

Does Donies wig have separate representation?

8 Likes

This is some waste of money. They should have funded them 50k each and let them appeal it after that if they wanted to.

He has a relatively new one, one that reflects his advancing years.
Heā€™s morphed from a foxy one to more a badger look.
He, no doubt, retains all the cunning of your pet fox.

Woulfie was giving evidence today I believe

As weā€™ve seen from denhams report, woulfie has serious credibility issues

Donie is one of the in laws best friends heā€™s some operator I can tell you, over 20 years ago we were at a wedding in his company and he was asking me how I was getting on small talk etc I mentioned about the train service to Dublin as I was commuting and how it was frequently late breakdowns etc. Lo and behold about 2 weeks later I get a letter with the harp on it from the bould Donie letting me know heā€™d raised my concerns with the CEO of Irish Rail and what wonderful things were in the offing. This was just before the GE in 2002 when he unseated his ā€œcloseā€:rofl: colleague the school marm from Athlone who was Minister for Transport at the time.

8 Likes

Politics.
He appeared proactive and captured the vote ensuring election.
I have grave doubts if the rail link improved but at least he appeared interested.
20 years on 166 of the duds are repeating this heartwarming exercise.

1 Like

Theyā€™re hardly on the legal aid so at least itā€™s coming out of their own pockets and not yours. I wouldnā€™t imagine Michael McDowell, Constance Cassidy and Eddie Walsh would be slumming it out on legal aid daily rates.

If they win (which I suspect they might) they could bring a case of malicious prosecution and the whole is left with the bill?

The DPPā€™s office is independent and itā€™s the prerogative of the DPP as to whether it prosecutes based on the strength of the evidence.