Piseogs, Fairies and the Other World

I dont,what went on?

My primary school was supposedly built on an old fairy fort. Ten of the lads who worked on it died in accidents on sites in England after. Strange but true.

Was the Dell of Limerick at one stage but it had no luck, kidnapped owner, numerous deaths on the site, strikes etc.

I get ya,twasnt good alright.Id believe in all this stuff aswell,too many quare goings on for there not to be something in it,in Clara Co Kilkenny a light came for you the night before you died if you were being buried in the now seldom used Park graveyard,dozens of people saw the light travel across fields or appear at the back of somebodys house on the night of a death in the area,its legendary up there,its existance is unquestioned.

Maybe Hangblaa can give us the inside track here

news to me, but can investigate.

MBB…Arrr… why are you sounding like a pirate telling these tales??..:smiley:

there’s a serious faerie ring in loais on the main Dublin to Cork road just after portlaoise in a field on the left hand side coming from dublin…fookin monster of a thing…

Anyone know any good piseogs for making grass grow? That crap about the temperature needing to be above 7 degrees is a superstition perpeturated by Teagasc. I need a concrete piece of voodoo for this important task.

Few bags of 18-6-12 should do the job but you could use the 10-10-20.

Neighbour of mine swares that if a red haired woman enters the house on Christmas day it will bring bad luck for the year, saint swithens day rain and all that, some people still leave sods of turf in the bog for the fairy’s too

Farmer in north kerry fined €25,000 for levelling a ringfort. One was levelled back my way a few years ago in the black of night and nobody noticed. Not even the fairys.

:lol:

Who fined him the 25k?

The Circuit Criminal Court. First time ever its happened.

Anyway speaking of piseogs, we’ve a field at home and there’s two stumps of rocks in the middle of it. We got a lad out a few years ago to turn the field as it was full of rushes. When the oul lad arrived back home from work one evening he was greeted at the gate of the yard by some of the “elders” of the village. They were fuming after getting word that the young lad in the digger was after uprooting one of the rocks. The oul lad had to get him to set it pack in its position absolutely bang on as before, god forbid we should be cursed by the fairies!

You live in the middle of nowhere!

Tell me more about ferenka site Julio, I work there now

no-one mentioned the banshee yet, my mother swears to have heard it a few times. I tell her that was a fox

You bogmen are gas craic.

The fairies will get you … Eventually

I don’t know much more about it. I don’t think they leveled the fairy fort but built around it, locals told them they’d have no luck from it but they wouldn’t listen. A lot of knowing heads nodded anytime they had trouble.
To be fair not much industry survived through that time, the RA kidnapping the boss probably didn’t help :lol: but everyone knows the Ra are in league with the fairies

[quote=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 403987”]Tell me more about ferenka site Julio, I work there now

no-one mentioned the banshee yet, my mother swears to have heard it a few times. I tell her that was a fox[/quote]

Isn’t it only certain families that hear the banshee?

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 403990”]

To be fair not much industry survived through that time, the RA kidnapping the boss probably didn’t help but everyone knows the Ra are in league with the fairies[/quote]

Certainly, just look at the Crying Game.

Calling @TreatyStones

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/firm-warned-of-no-fairytale-ending-if-it-destroys-ring-fort-351770.html