Planning applications

It’s a hard argument. Look at Liverpool. Loads of old houses listed. They can’t tear them down and nobody wants to do them up as it would cost too much compared with the rental payback on a two or three story town house.

1 Like

It’s in Donnybrook pal and is a medium sized development. Calm yourself down.

1 Like

Pretty nice I’d guess on Eglinton Rd.

1 Like

City Centre, build them high. Outside cities build 3 and 4 bed houses.

Building apartments in places like Kinnegad or Dromod when the towns/villages are surrounded by green fields is ludicrous.

6 Likes

It’s ugly. Doesn’t matter where it is. It just bland lazy cheap crap, a classic short term gain blight of the likes of the outskirts of Granada. If you’re satisfied with it, that’s your opinion. I think they could do so much more, and I find the obsession with height frankly bizarre.
You telling me to calm down reflects some of your own inner turmoil.

I can confirm that “pretty tidy” doesn’t do them justice. I’ve been in one a few times, salubrious would cover it nicely. I can’t see the owner being too chuffed at today’s revelations but he’ll survive just the same.

1 Like

@Tim_Riggins doesn’t have a soul, he’s pure capitalist. How would he be in turmoil?

You are confused

You originally advocated for the Shard on DL seafront. This is a different development.

Making an argument against it based on your personal tastes is like making an argument against a bog standard housing development. If you want to make arguments like that, stick to prominent locations like Tara Street or the Docklands.

It is a standard issue medium floored apartment block on the outskirts of the CBD, right on a major bus corridor, cycle lanes, a 15m walk from the DART or LUAS and walkable to the city. What is notable about it is that local NIMBYs have been defeated again on it. This is to be celebrated, particularly as the Irish housing crisis is set to get worse. The LIDTF crew have ensured that skilled Labour has left Ireland and it will be difficult to return with our draconian border restrictions. The price of raw materials for construction is going up. The youth of Ireland just need somewhere to live, the Shard can wait.

1 Like

Jefferson House is already there across the road, tall and far uglier. Wealthy areas have plenty of NIMBYISM but important to note that places like the Embassy belt have had developments plonked on them for decades now, as it was once upon a time one of the few wealthy areas of the CBD where younger people wanted to live.

I lived on Eglinton Road for a short spell. If it wasn’t so busy with traffic it would be one of nicest streets in Dublin. Some beautiful houses there

1 Like

@Tim_Riggins what’s your take on the ‘vulture fund’ issue? Presume you’ll make a good case for them

Exactly mate. Exactly.

People driving cars mate not traffic

I’ll cut your throat.

1 Like
1 Like

In fairness I’d say half the rural dwellers in the South East have shares in Glanbia because of the way the company was put together from various co-ops.

4 Likes

Surely all TDs and their direct family members should have to divest shareholdings before taking their place in the Dail?

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Look I know it’s not the way corrupt FFG politicians want things to work but surely there should be legislation introduced on this as it’s a direct conflict of interest to policies and legislation.

1 Like

Oh I agree. I’m laughing at the thought of it though.
Actually I don’t agree, but they shouldn’t legislate on things they have a financial interest in. It’s half the reason the housing market is as it is. They’re all landlords.

2 Likes