Planning applications

Is it possible to check a neighbours historical planning application? Can you do it online? Does it cost money?

Asking for a neighbour…

Might be of use.

https://www.limerick.ie/council/services/planning-and-property/apply-or-search-planning-application/search-planning

2 Likes

You can do it online. If it’s relatively recent, say last 10-15 years they should have the full application with drawing up.

Hi Pat

Yeah some local authorities portals are better than others, Wexford one is top notch.

What’s the argument for not outlawing it?

Very easy fix if planning authorities saw it as an issue. Include a condition in the planning that says no one can own more than 2 houses in the estate.

1 Like

Seems crazy that there’s not more pressure on to do it. My brother was looking to buy in a new estate and some UK fund bought 80pc of the houses. Wtf like. Surely that’s terrible in so many ways for ordinary people and the local community when they can just now drive up rents to whatever they like and there will be no settled community. What do FF FG say about it?

1 Like

Sorry replied to wrong thing.

I can’t see any argument for not outlawing it, cuckoo funds is what the companies are being referred to.

Huzzah

2 Likes

NIMBY tears are delicious

1 Like

It is hideous though. A carbuncle of a building. When will idiots not realize that size is of little relevance compared to appearance

3 Likes

What are the houses like that they are knocking. An awful shame iteland has is knocking historical era buildings that would look brilliant restored for a modern eyesore that doesn’t fit into the area. There are multiple example of our towns and city’s ruined when you compare old photos to modern ones.

1 Like

Agree with this

And this

Have a look at the stats of the building across the road from it. Donnybrook is perfect for this development. It is essentially a car park anyway, not a sleepy village.

1 Like

I’m all for building more housing but they need to look at the empty spaces particularly car parks and barren lands within city’s. I don’t see the point in knocking old houses in city’s for something like this. I do believe that we need to protect and upgrade the Georgian era buildings like in Limerick and South Dublin. Unfortunately a lot are run down or only occupied on the ground floor by solicitors/accountants and the likes. These buildings have 4 story’s plus a basement. Having these upper levels retrofitted with modern isolation and central heating would make great apartments.

2 Likes

These aren’t Georgian houses and it isn’t the Georgian core.

1 Like

Fair enough I haven’t a clue where that is in Dublin.

1 Like

They should be allowed to build fifty stories or more if it’s beautiful like the shard or striking like the gherkin.or the walkie talkie.

1 Like

Without the car melting