Podders

I cringe a bit with Dalo putting on those accents. Cork/Dublin & Nordie are his go to’s.

Russell Brand is the latest guest on Joe Rogans podcast. Good conversation.

:clap:

Was listening to a Joe Rogan podcast with David Goggins
Goggins is some man. It’s all about the “grind”

1 Like

Personally i think the quality of the bean is equally important

1 Like

Heard an excellent interview with Liam Hayes on off the ball last week. Available on the podcast.

Found it tough going. Seems a total odd ball.

He does but find him interesting.

Who knew Orwell invented JD Witherspoons?

I’d listen to any GAA content but Liam Hayes would be at the bottom of the list after that

Would you agree with him on the band of brothers successful teams comes out with as been nonsense?

That would be the same Russell Brand who now openly identifies himself with the far right, yes?

Yet again, this stuff is soooo obvious.

Not necessarily.

Most of the teams that are successful generally have a strong bond. There is also room for those who don’t fit into this band of brother. Davy fitz in the Clare teams of the 90s also falls in this bracket.

Each group is different and the members of that are also individual to that group.

Wetherspoons have used the name of his idealised pub a couple of times.

Liam Hayes always did his own thing. He was the quintessential oddball but there was nothing to be ashamed of in that. He was an incredible footballer and a very interesting if contrary fucker. His interview was quite raw and brutal, and very honest. He came across well insofar as he readily acknowledges he’s an oddball which is reassuring in itself.

That Meath team were fascinating and continue to be.

3 Likes

Always found there was a touch of the Walter Mitty about Hayes so even when he approached serious subjects with his own unique view, I always took it with a huge pinch of salt.

I find it interesting how he’s curiously overlooked as a great footballer.

In a team of the 1980s he walks into one of the midfield spots alongside Jack O’Shea. He was a fucking colossus of a player and went out the exact way you want to go out, ie. getting petulantly sent off shortly after coming on as an unfit substitute in a surprise home defeat to a mediocre opponent. And saying “fuck that” at the age of 30.

1 Like

That hurts bro

In early 2011 Hayes wrote that Kevin McManamon would never prosper in the wide expanses of Croke Park because ‘his legs were too short’.

2 Likes

Indeed it was.:clap:

1 Like

When money is no object, anything is possible.