Podders

Friedman is very heavy, i need to be in full concentration mode for his podder, The AI stuff is unreal

What do people think of the hurling pod on Newstalk?

It’s grand.

Murphy is very PC, everything is positive and each player is good, he rarely gives his actual opinion, hardly surprising given he’s an army man from Kilkenny who played under Cody.

Skehill tries to be very analytical but isn’t clever enough to pull it off. Very good when he actually just says it as is like he did with Davy.

Will is your typical OTB presenter, spends ages every week on about how we can get the Laois/Offaly/Kildare up to top tier. For a man from Birr, he doesn’t know anything about the intricacies of the game.

1 Like

I think its the best of a bad bunch of hurling podcasts that are out there.

Skehill and Murphy give decent insight to be fair overall. Skehill comes across well and has a cut now and then. Enjoyed his Davy Fitz criticism recently. Murphys analysis can be very good in fairness at times.

A grand listen overall.

Wooly had a great thing going with Christy O Connor but replaced him with Ollie Baker who is clueless. Paddy Saint is very good on it.

Parkinson is a cunt though. Not my cup of tea. Lost any respect for him when he blackguarded Eddie Brennan that time.

1 Like

It’s heavy going alright. But he makes it manageableush. He did some episodes on chess that really draw you in… cheating, infighting, computers etc. Epic stuff.

1 Like

I pretty much told you all that over the last 6 months.

1 Like

That was a genuine editing error.

I’d question the time he stitched up Babs. I’ve a 40 minute commute so the €5 I spend a month on it is great value. His football podcast is brilliant although I must try the examiner football pod.

2 Likes

Baker balances the two lads out well, you need a bit of that old school Shit too. There’s no podcast out there to rival Woolie truth be told - Hurling needs him

2 Likes

I enjoy Skehill, Murphy and whatever OTB head that joins them on the hurling pod

The examiner football pod is excellent once you warm to Rouse, which took me a while.

They’ve a Maurice Brosnan lad on it this season some days and he’s an encyclopedia of knowledge tbf to him. He really adds to it. They need to rotate Horan out for a few episodes now because Rouse won’t stop asking him stupid fucking questions and treating him like he’s some sort of God.

The OTB football pod is the best in class.

A game that’s brutal to watch is great to listen to?

Agrees, the likes of Laois, Westmeath will never be at the top tier.

Will played the game to a very high level.

The Paddy Andrews one?

Ya

1 Like

Any bit of that I’ve heard sounds painful.

A new Fall of Civilizations dropped on Tuesday - Carthage and the Phoenicians this time - excellent as usual.

5 Likes

That sounds up my street. Where should I start with it, what’s the best series?