Podders

He only went there for a chat with his hands in his pockets though. He didn’t bring any presentation. Not to mind a scrapbook.

That was pathetic.

And asking teege if there was any chance Currid would have the lads over confdent on Sunday!

Derek is certainly putting down the foundations for another spin on the IC mgmt train.

3 years with Laois minors
Now involved with Dublin 20s
4 years now with Faythe Harriers.

He wrecks my head. An absolute spoofer

That’s my opinion of him too. His behaviour on the Sunday game after he left Waterford annoyed me too. Sniping away at Waterford’s management and trying to boost up his own rep.

I did agree with Derek on the handpass situation.

Everything is twisted around to try to shine a positive light on himself

1 Like

Even his examiner articles always end up with something he did to show how much of a great thinker of the game he is.

Still available here.
https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/irish-examinergaa-podcasts

Think it’s an Examiner mandate across their podcasts and wrapping it all into one package with the online articles. I suppose these podcasts don’t pay for themselves

Always has been, always will be.

Joe had Ric Flair on last week, normally not my cup of tea, but it is the best podder of 2023 yet, just like the old days

3 Likes

How is it free through this link if they want people to pay?

I got the football one for free on google podcasts this week, maybe they just forgot to turn em off :grinning:

I’d say it’s an error that they left it accessible up there. I can’t imagine that’ll last long.

10 euro for 10 weeks with access to the paper also. It’s for nothing really.

1 Like

They say that with every subscription really. Problem is when you have so many of them

But we are in an era of subscription based media.

My parents have no subscriptions (afaik), but would have usually bought a paper 7 days a week, might throw an additional one in on Monday (Examiner). Would often pick up the Nenagh Guardian and the mother used to always get Limerick Leader (not sure if they still do). So they’d be spending the guts of €25+ a week on newspapers. The occasional week the Farmer’s Journal would be bought as well. I’m not sure if their consumption has decreased in recent years (the mother recently said they don’t buy it every day now) but you would have people spending around €100 a month under the ‘old’ media model.

7 Likes

Brolly and Ric Flair sounds like a hell of a combination, woo!

1 Like

I’ve a couple of newspaper subscriptions via work. It’s rare I’d sit down and “read the paper” the way you’d do with a physical paper the day you go and buy it. You’d more dip in and out over the week if you see something of interest.

I remember the aul lad used to buy the Indo and Evening Press, Connacht Tribune and two local newspapers a week. He’d buy the IrishTimes on a Saturday and swap it for the Indo with the neighbour Saturday evening and buy 3 Sunday papers - Tribune, Press
and Indo.

I think all he’s cut back is the evening paper (is there even still one ) and one local one and he buys one Sunday paper now, Sunday Times. He still does the rest and including the Saturday swap with same neighbour but buys Examiner on a Monday.

He has an iPad but he only uses
That for rip.ie

7 Likes