Podders

Maybe tedious a better adjective

Dunphy not free?

You’re good to yourself.

Will prob subscribe to the examiner as their general GAA coverage is good but Landers would want to do a small bit of research to justify it.

Gave up on it after 20 minutes

Jamie Wall got his Simpsons reference in nice and early

I kind of got feeling they were liberally using bold words like “horseshit” and the f word to try and appear edgy

Woolie has the GAA podcast market sown up,

Landers may play the fool but his knowledge of Cork hurling is extensive. I actually think Landers is more clued in than Daly. Daly still living off training Dublin 10 years ago.

He must be a shoe in for an Oscar cause he is very suited to the role

He hides it extremely well

Who the fuck cares about cork. Lander is a pig and an ignorant pig at that. He’s generally hated roundly and rightly so

And running our academy

I was starting to wonder whether I would bother my hole listening to Dalo and the lads anymore. Same shite every week, same guests, no analysis and the banter was getting fairly stale. I haven’t finished the last couple, although would probably have gotten interesting for champo.

This week’s edition had Teege talking down Limericks chances while also saying they should give Colin Coughlin a run out instead of Kyle to keep fellas on their toes.

Behind a paywall no chance.

Only thing is I’ve started to really enjoy the football pod with Rouse. Maurice Brosnan is a great add

I turned off Dalys pod months ago. The amount of horsey shit talk on it was infuriating. And then you had that stones of a cunt from Cork shiteing on. It is bottom of the barrel stuff.

The Examiner Football pod is excellent. Rouse is a national treasure.

Enjoyed that. Hannibal was some boyo.
Pity the cunts at home were so useless.

1 Like

I see examiner are now charging €10 a month for the Dalo and Co podcast. You do get access to Irish examiner sport content too. Seems to be an over saturation of podcasts lately so not sure what the uptake will be like. They are sponsored by renault also and some other partners so not sure why the reason to monotonise just like seemingly everything else nowadays.
Listened to it again the other day. One last try. Even more racing analogies than usual, Niall Gilligan being a tight fucker, some golf outing, the 5 or 6 Christian brothers in De La Salle, lamenting a trip to the Hyde in Roscommon and a few minutes about the hurling. No in depth analysis. Abysmal effort.

3 Likes

I’ll listen away during the year. Have the 80quid paid for the sub since the start of the year. By far and away the best paper for GAA coverage especially underage and club.

2 Likes

Disappointed to hear about Dalo pod going to subscription model. I enjoyed it in car on a Monday I have to say. Wouldn’t pay for it though

The Monday edition of the examiner is essential reading for any Munster based GAA fans

I’ve never listened to a GAA podcast in my life (and it probably shows)

4 Likes

Podcast is gone a bit stale alright but I still listen to it. Sometimes get a couple of nights out of it as it sends me off to sleep.

It’s a tenner for 10 weeks and 10 per month thereafter. So you can get the written championship coverage for 20 quid which isn’t too bad really, and not bother with the print edition.

I thought Derek was a bit sneery on it the other day. Basically only for him having DLS teams competitive underage Waterford would have nothing else. That’s with him going off with the Laois minors and Dublin 20s.

He also gave the impression that he was Wexfords no1 choice after Davy left.

2 Likes

There is no analysis on most pods. Just a few cliches about how great thelimericks are .

It’s a great sports paper in fairness