Podders

Yes I was trying to go through a load of ex-Intercounty players on the Podcast circuit.

1 Like
1 Like

Dunno if there are any ReplyAll/PJ Vogt fans, but he has a new podcast called โ€œSearch Engineโ€. The latest episode is about slowly going blind with Andrew Leland called โ€œWhatโ€™s it like going slowly blind?โ€ - very good listen.

Brollyโ€™s free state podcast is fairly good. His incessant chuckling is fairly annoying though.

โ‚ฌ10 a month for this, assume still some free

The Crappy Quiz will be going behind a paywall.

4 Likes

OTB do produce some serious amount of content but Iโ€™m not sure they have the diehards Second captains and Woolie have.

That on top of the examiner podcast going behind the paywall.

Hard to see all of these surviving in a full time capacity when any fella can record a podcast these days, many of them better than professionally produced.

1 Like

I like Skehill and Murphyโ€™s pod but not a notion Iโ€™d pay for it. Think theyโ€™ll get plenty thatโ€™ll pay but I think theyโ€™d be better keeping the main stuff free.

Fully agree, itโ€™s really good but if he just stopped the fake laugh/chuckle it would be a lot better.

He needs to stop telling self-congratulatory anecdotes about how people contacted him to describe how they burst out laughing (whilst simultaneously realising how right joe is) at one of his jokes. Today he told us how a couple on their sofa โ€œburst out laughingโ€ at his toad of toad hall/boris observation. Last week an entire audience of former pupils and invited dignitaries, (gaa men) burst out laughing when he had a cut off enda mcnulty. A judge also congratulated him for not asking a single question during weeks of cross examination.
Heโ€™ll do well to keep his feet on the ground, once he becomes president

3 Likes

The Pat Gilroy appreciation Podcast!

1 Like

Marc Maron can be a bit insufferable at times but his chat with Cillian Murphy is very good at highlighting how the biggest star in Hollywood at the moment is a very normal fella.

Iโ€™d nearly put CM forward for an Alright Sort Of The Year nomination on TFK.

Is he still an alco?

Think he said heโ€™s sober 20 years.

Maron did ask him a few silly questions about Ireland and growing up there etc as well as if he lived on a farm in Dublin. ffs.

I suppose he told him that he was from CORK.

that was great

Conan is very likeable

Got in very early with it alright. He felt they were done up like a kipper in the MSHC and was floating structural change on which Marron had nothing to contribute.

1 Like

Not one I usually listen to, but I enjoyed Manchan Magan on the Blindboy podcast