Podders

Are there any genuinely funny podcasts ?

Athletico Mince has its moments.

Conan

1 Like

I’ll take a lot of flak but I listened to two of The 2 johnnies podcasts recently and got a good laugh off it.

I took a shower after listening.

Peter Crouch is good craic too.

What does ‘dope’ mean, Rogan seems to be using it alot. As in ahhh man that’s so dope,

Bill Burr’s Monday morning podcast

No.

1 Like

Lads kissing Crouchey’s hole.

It doesn’t always hit the spot , but listened to the most recent WTF while driving to Athlone yesterday. Maron had Mavis Staples on
It was a lovely chat, and Mavis had plenty of good yarns. She turns 80 next month and you could sense that Maron was giddy that she was there

Maron rambles for about 15 mins at the start of every podcast but once he get going with the interviews, it’s usually decent

Yup, once he gets the advertising slots out of the way! His stand up shows on Netflix are decent too.

Deirdre O’Kane should do a podcast. Her voice is gripping. Vice gripping.

2 Likes

Listened to another with Perry Farrell on this trip that was only alright

A friend of mine had been hyping up Wooly’s GAA pod so I gave that a listen but thought it was pretty shitty production wise

Joe rogan’s podcast with Ted nugent is… entertaining

Anyone with an interest in history should check out Daniele Bolelli’s ‘History on Fire’ podcast. Fantastic series and extremely well researched with a broad range of stuff discussed from ancient to modern times. Takes a while to get used to his accent but class other than that.

6 Likes

Any particular episode?

I’ve listened to three and they’ve all been brilliant. The Iceman one about the 5000 year old body they found in the Alps is excellent and at the moment I’m listening to one called the duel about duelling culture amongst American politicians and upper classes in America during the 17 and 18 hundreds. TIS FUCKING HUNREAL. His accent is a cunt though. There’s another one on the 10000 Greeks fighting in a Persian rebellion back in the day but I’m reading about it now so will hold off.

He’s a History Professor in the US.

Anything on the ancient Egyptian origins of the Irish?

Might be. Have a dig around it.