Podders

Has anyone listened to these?

https://irishhistorypodcast.ie/

It’s fairly good actually. He sounds like a bit of a gimp but you’d have to admire the work he does and he’s branching out into tours etc.

1 Like

Cant stand your man tbh — and it’s fairly surface level stuff from what i’ve listened to … fair play to him tho, puts a lot of time and effort in…

I thought about doing one for a bit of craic but it’s a lot of effort — I was gonna go down a different route to presenting various episodes in history — more how different strands were tied together by something — kinda like the Joy of Six that the Guradian did and had a thread that was a runner here.

I’d support your venture financially via patreon if you combined it with a mindfulness angle.

What would be a fair price to ask people to donate monthly? 2 euro?

1 Like

Listening to it here tis good alright

I love this fella, the way he goes off topic with an anecdote and pulls himself back would have you think his script is very loose, currently on episode 2 of Jack Johnson, great story (no injuns yet @anon61878697)

Nearly finished the 4th episode of Crazyhorse. It must take him weeks to do each episode.

1 Like

The episode on the ‘battle’ of Sandy Creek is shocking

Ye boys are starting at the end. Would you not start at the fucking start?

I’ll be tuning in to episode 3 tomorrow.

1 Like

I started with crazy horse part 1.
What’s your problem chief?

1 Like

Apologies, there’s a few episodes on Sandy Creek that he goes into more detail on, more recent than the Crazyhorse ones.

He’s brilliant, I’ve been listening to bury my heart at wounded knee. It’s as dry as a bone in comparison

Crazy Horse was the greatest man that ever lived.

2 Likes

It’s hard to believe it all. The cunts made him marry a wan with TB.

What’s the best one? That kind of time is precious for me.

Hard to know, the Iceman and the Duel are great. Crazy horse is about 7-8 hours I’d say.

1 Like

I started with the duel because it was a single episode and I wanted to give it a try, really enjoyed it, then onto Jack Johnson because he’s a character after I’ve had an interest in without knowing all that much,
I’m actually tempted to start in Joan of Arc but might give the injuns a go

1 Like

Whatever interests you is best… I’ve been fascinated with both the story of Little Big horn and Native Americans in general since I was a kid… The battle for the black hills is very good tho, but long.

1 Like