Podders

If I didn’t spend hours in the car every week I’d never listen to a podcast.

Running and walking the dog give me at least an hour a day so it’s handy, a bit of music if it gets tough

2 Likes

Lads The West Wing Weekly Podcast is drawing to a close, it’d going to leave quite a gap in the market.

Huh? what’s it about?

You won’t believe this mate, but its a Podcast of two lads talking about, The West Wing. Its off the chain.

That show is long gone isnt it? Hardly worth a podcast? The reviews for the show are mixed enough … is it more that the show loosely reflected real life political episodes and that’s what they are discussing ?

They are doing a weekly episode watch, followed by a podcast. One of the hosts is a nerd, while the second is Joshua Molina, an actor from the show. They have weekly guests to discuss the episodes.

It was lefty liberal view of the oval office, and while it started as a love affair by a superfan nerd of the show, it swings now between what it was when it aired, and how US politics are now. One for the fans of the show obviously.

1 Like

I’ve gone in for the My Lai and Sand Creek episode …

I remember getting an A1 for an assignment I did on My Lai in final year history in College … think @backinatracksuit only got a B1

1 Like

The Conquest of Mexico … I’d read a bit on this years ago - but the Aztecs were some boyos.

Look at the terrified face of the girl back left, she’s about 6 years of age.

What podcast is this?

One of the history on fire ones discusses My Lai – Part 1 is about the Indian slaughter at Sand Creek - Part 2 is all My Lai - he makes reference to the pics taken on the day - the one above is one of the most famous - they were all gunned down less than a minute after the pic was taken.

1 Like

This auld Guido is very hard to understand

You’ll get over that quick enough…stick with it.

Listened to ep1 of Crazy Horse this morning while on a vision quest out Annacotty way

1 Like

onto episode 4 of the conquest of Mexico… I’d read about it years ago but our friend goes into great depth.

The whole of the Americas, from Canada to Argentina, were taken with lie after lie after lie. And obviously force… But many of the poor natives lived by a code of honour. The white lived by a code of greed… Still do.

1 Like

While out running the other day the Damien Dempsey song Colony came up on my Spotify, that bit at the end is powerful

extremely.

@anon61878697

Will you arrange a counter demonstration?

https://youghal.ie/event/custers-last-stand-irish-connection-presented-youghal-ailbrin-society/