Podders

I’m listening to The Bloodied Field podcast, only a couple of episodes in, but it’s ok.
The first episode was a bit melodramatic and repetitive and the sound for voiced bits is really difficult to hear. I’ll persevere with it for a few more episodes.

1 Like

I think Hackie Cahill did some voice work on it.

Class. Thanks for heads up.

I’m finished the available episodes now. Well worth a listen. The episodes are short too so you’d fly through it.

1 Like

I know I’m in a minority as I’ve been savaged for this before but I found that book to be awfully dull, nothing against the writer as i felt the Kings of September was outstanding, that book just dragged for me though, I might chance an episode of the podcast.

I will say absolutely nothing from the book sticks in my mind. Listening to the podcast was like hearing the story for the first time.

I enjoyed the book a lot to be honest. The individual stories of the players, how it intertwined with Dublin players and being caught up in the battles at the time. The rural Tipp players and the journey up by train and the chap who had his football boots taken off him. Plus the rivalries at the time, with Wexford involved being one of the big sides in that era. The stories of the people then, how they made their way to the game and where they were when the shooting started and what happened them and the way they were cared for being brought to local houses and that. I still havent listened to the podcast yet, generally save long series for long car drives and just binge listen.

3 Likes

Even your post about a book you find dull is dull

These are brilliant. Mixture of nonsense and darkness. Like a good chat in a pub. The recent episode touches on death of a parent and Tommy Tiernan mother’s suicide.

1 Like

Had to do a bit of travelling for a funeral this week and listened to a few of these podcasts. Very good. I laughed out loud a good few times. The bit on the football chants was top class.

1 Like

Starting listening to this this morning. It’s about Joy Division and New Order.

I also drop in and out of Science(ish). It’s a podcast where they break down the science of popular culture mainly films. They’ve done episodes on Star Wars and Robocop to name a few. It’s a handy listen.

Another one for those who watched wrestling when younger is Wrestle Me. The presenters watch every wrestlemania and go through the background of each event and the matches. It also gives some history into WWE and the wrestlers. One of the presenters had never watched wrestling before this while the other is a huge fan. Each wrestlemania is about 4 episodes long so you have to commit but I’d recommend it.

3 Likes

Students of the medici, fans the renaissance and fellow forum Italians might appreciate this series. There are a couple of episodes on the monk savonorola, he was some boyo… @Ambrose_McNulty
https://www.stitcher.com/s?eid=69325272&refid=asa

2 Likes

“What do I need to take up the decking?”

“3 Brazilians… From Gort “

Tommy and Hector podcast is worth a listen if you have not

3 Likes

Even a cynical auld cunt like me who finds most of Hectors shtick tiresome enjoys it.

3 Likes

Yer wan trying to explain farming to Tommy last week had me chortling on my morning walk

1 Like

I’m enjoying it but Laurita is starting to annoy me

1 Like

She doesn’t add a whole pile and can derail the lads when they are in the middle of a good story.

I couldn’t care less about Joe Biden either which is her big thing

You wouldn’t derail her too handy. I don’t mind her I have to say. Hector can try too hard at times.

1 Like

The boys are trying a bit too hard with the pronunciations like ‘wather’ ‘dhrive’ ‘purgathory’ and ‘jusht’ they’re both townies from navan who went to boarding school and trinity.

2 Likes