Podders

He surely has to pay the contributors a bit as well

Are these guys using YouTube? You’d need a good few views but you’d get paid there also… Fairly minimum for the numbers these guys get.

advertising? I assume product placement would be a big thing etc

Dunphy podcast offering paid version now as well (no ads and access to old episodes - which are accessible at moment, maybe this will change)

Usually enjoy Dalo’s podcast but it was a shambles this week.

TJ had a reasonable suggestion around GAATV which Landers picked up as his own. He listened to a snippet of the Skeheenarinky match on the radio and said it was terrible that the three Munster finals weren’t shown on TV or streamed. What about the old people, what about the diaspora etc. Backwards thinking from the GAA and so on.

He reckons if the matches had been streamed there would be an average viewership of 50k at a fiver a go. What’s worse is Clubber.ie did actually stream the junior and intermediate matches for anyone that wanted to see them.

The tried to at least, was a disaster. I ended up listening to it on the radio.

They’d issues with the McGrath Cup game last week also. Ended up refunding everyone.

1 Like

You would think they would be able to sort it out if they were taking in 250k for it.

1 Like

FFS. Having someone who will furiously agree with you is obviously important for Woolie

50k for a club match!!!??
If they got 2k they should be absolutely delighted. Don’t mind that fool. 50k? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Landers is really knowledgeable about horse racing. He is far more interesting talking about that than hurling where he’s a cliche factory. Half the time he hasn’t even watched the matches.

I don’t mind them though, it’s an easy listen and I don’t listen to it for it’s analysis

1 Like

Will you join their horsey horse club?

Agreed, just listen for a bit of craic but might as well talk some bit of sense also.

They are talking about setting up a racing club selling shares in a horse. Landers gave a couple of tips for Doncaster today if you rate him.

Cian Ward, who I think is very good was also on it

1 Like

Will I fuck. You may as well throw the money into the fire, you might at least get a few minutes of heat of it

1 Like

Yer man from Mayo was quite good too.The last 2 lads he had on were very poor.

1 Like

Streamsport.ie have got the gig now it seems.

https://page.inplayer.com/streamsportireland/index.html

Limerick GAA used the same setup and it worked ok. Apparently some lads were able to find a way to share the stream around if one person had paid for it…

2 Likes

Diversifying by the brand….those few years in college paying off .

Some lovely examples of hilarious chaos and absurdity in the general sporting landscape over the weekend, with No Vax being boomeranged and the Dallas Cowboys running out of time last night because the referee didn’t touch the ball.

None in GAA though.

“Let’s talk about Kilcoo v Derrygonnelly.”

“Let’s not.”