Portugal v ROI- WCQ 2022

We reached that point over two decades ago mate.

I had actually erased that result from my mind.

Hard to see anything other than another long night.

ā€œstephen Kenny when asked about the conflict in Afghanistan as always spoke fluentlyā€¦ā€

You meanā€¦

more the october 2012 version id say

1 Like

I was there for that one too, Marco Reus with an entire side of the pitch to himself all night.

Portugals subs bench the last game of the Euros

Andre Silva, 28 goals for Frankfurt last season, now signed by RB Leipzig
Lyons GK
Lille Centre Half
PSG Centre Mid
Penandes, Semedo, Neves
Joao fucking Felix

Not only are we out gunned and out matched, but thereā€™s quality all over the Portuguese team to unlock us, even if we sit deep. If we donā€™tā€¦
Tight at the back hit them on the break and hope for a miracle. Any strategy other than that is suicide

I havenā€™t felt weā€™ve been this outmatched since that game.

1 Like

Portugal arenā€™t a particularly free flowing team. I think we could get away with a 2-0 defeat. Our midfield options are absolutely horrendous

The only hope of a goal is Shane Duffy.

We havenā€™t played an expansive game yet under Kenny. Weā€™ve tried to knock it about at times but thereā€™s no license for midfielders or full backs to bomb on. The front man is left isolated all the time with no support.

The best thing Portugal could do is let us have the ball for a while. Sure we expect them to have it and weā€™re better without it

Is Jason Knight injured?

Derby manager Wayne Rooney injured him when taking part in training during pre-season. Ankle ligaments if I recall correctly.

7 Likes

Iā€™m going to say 4-1 (Connolly) to the hosts.

Yeah reckon that will be it

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Not a chance we score.

2 Likes

Theyre shit at the back.

I reckon weā€™ve a right shout

yeah Rooney crocked him