Post Ewan McKenna

Nobody at all gives a shite about that though. I’d say most of the OIUTF lads here would gladly have a chip implanted in their brain if they could go for a few pints after a match in the gaelic grounds.

1 Like

Varadkar may be the man to get it over the line in the corridors of power but a charismatic figure who isn’t hated by 80% of the country would need to persuade Joe Public it’s the right thing to do

Nobody? It’s a dangerous move, surrendering personal freedom, giving away your right not to be discriminated against, giving someone else the right to decide what medical treatment you will have.
I’d regard anyone pushing the notion as either ignorant and misguided at best and an enemy of the people at worst.

1 Like

You’re probably right but almost nobody gives a fuck I’m afraid.

Someone will. Ireland is a small place and there are plenty of headcases around…that lad with the firework for example…and he was prepared to injure an innocent guard

I’ve lost you now. I was just talking about how the ‘narrative’ could be changed around how to speed up the easing of restrictions. It needs the backing of a few ‘establishment’ well known figures. At the moment there are more or less zero political parties on the OIUTF side which must be unique in Europe.

The thing is Arthur where does it stop? Its just the two jabs now - then its the 3rd and 4th booster coming up to Christmas for a virus with a 99.7% recovery rate.

Do you know if there are any longterm side effects from these vaccines? Pzizer, Moderna and Oxford Astra Zeneca certainly don’t - they have also admitted they don’t stop transmission of the virus and are covered by the state if there are problems.

I think thats wrong myself. We don’t want to be going down the road of QR codes to get into a pub when things eventually open up surely.

Will the flu show up next winter? What do we do if that happens, lockdown again etc?

2 Likes

I see your point. But it wont be a case of showing a vaccine receipt at the door of a pub. It’ll be the introduction of a permanent document or pass that will have all sorts of consequences for travel, employment etc

3 Likes

Some of Ewan’s new found followers will be surprised and a little disconcerted that he is a Rangers fan

Of course he is ffs :grin:

Its only soccer at the end of the day. Only rastoolers will be pissed. Its like getting annoyed if someone supports cork or tipp. A ridiculous notion in the real world

He should support an Irish club, like Hibs, the traitor.

If you’re gonna be a professional agitator you need to go all in.

2 Likes

There is an element of him supporting Rangers to be an awkward bollocks, he lives off that. Again anyone who thats that point serious to put him in a box is a fool

That’s precisely it.

1 Like

I’d hazard a guess that a lot of his new found followers would call themselves Celtic supporters, probably couldn’t find Glasgow to within 100 miles on a map Scotland but still

2 Likes

The Irish education system ladies and gentlemen

3 Likes

We know the type, no to foreign games.

1 Like

He no more supports Rangers. Just doing it for a wind up.

3 Likes